GT "Angel Eyes" are they working?

:
2010 CX-9 GT, 2014 Mazda6 GT
I can't get the angel eyes to come on with the daytime running lights, as shown in this picture on the mazdausa web site in the picture gallery.

Can anyone else get theirs to look like this? If you zoom the picture below called "angel eyes", they are definitely ON without the hid's being on.

Attachments

• pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg
    pho_gallery_M6G_ext4.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 899
  • Angel eyes Mazda 6 2014.jpg
    Angel eyes Mazda 6 2014.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 985
Last edited:
You have to turn your parking lights on (which turns on your amber side markers and rear lights as well). I've been trying to figure out how to get them to come on with the DRLs, but I can't figure out the wiring scheme.

Mazda has always had cars in there ad's with lighting not like stock. I cant think of how many different Mazda ad's have shown them with fogs on, and headlights off. Yet a Mazda hasnt come from the factory with that ability ever that ive seen.

Well I took the wife out and ran through all of the headlight switch combos, and my angel eyes NEVER come on under any setting, even with HID's on. Monday I'll be stopping at the dealer. Can any of you folks get yours on at all? Mine are just not working.

rjayd, did you have to do anything to get it to work like that? I'm at the dealer now and they said they don't have any options for it.
I just set it on Drive and that's how it'll look like. Maybe u can show this pic to the dealer, who knows, it might help.. that's weird though if yours don't work the way mine does

I just set it on Drive and that's how it'll look like. Maybe u can show this pic to the dealer, who knows, it might help.. that's weird though if yours don't work the way mine does

I did show this picture to the service manager. He went looking through all his documentation and settings and couldn't figure it out.

Time to escalate this with Mazda North America. The idiot service manager needs to go beyond his "documentation and settings" and get a master tech to call Mazda Tech Line. Obviously this is not a setting related issue. It involves a possible short in the wiring harness that sends power to the front lamps. I'm sure the circular LED's are not this issue, otherwise the problem would not be happening in both lenses.

I'll never understand how some of these dealerships pick somebody to be a service manager. This guy should be in the unemployment line. Once your problem is resolved, or you move on to another dealership for a resolution, do everybody here a favor and name the dealership that would employ such a worthless service manager. The problem should have gotten into the hands of a Mazda master tech immediately after confirming the issue.

BTW, I should have started with the fact that mine work just like in the above images. You are dealing with an absolute defect. I noticed the list of Mazda vehicles OP has owned spanning 20+ years. No way to treat a loyal Mazda customer. Make sure you let Mazda know that if you have to contact them.

Last edited:
They did check other GTs on the lot and those lamps were working exactly like mine. Seems kind of weird that they are working differently on some cars.

Maybe you just aren't looking close enough lol? :)

To be honest the "Angel eyes" aren't very bright at all. The DRL's completely out shine them. Literally lol. They should have made the Angel eyes produce a much brighter output of light.

I use to think mine weren't working as well, until I looked a bit closer, and realized, oh crap they are on lol. They just aren't very bright.

Maybe you just aren't looking close enough lol? :)

To be honest the "Angel eyes" aren't very bright at all. The DRL's completely out shine them. Literally lol. They should have made the Angel eyes produce a much brighter output of light.

I use to think mine weren't working as well, until I looked a bit closer, and realized, oh crap they are on lol. They just aren't very bright.

They are bright when you turn the parking lights on, which is what it looks like in rjayd's pictures and the brochures. I'm still convinced something is working correctly.

mine are very dim and I barely notice them, but they come on with DRLs. Haven't tried to look at them with parking lights.

IIRC, the DRL/Halos don't come on when in park or with the e-brake engaged in any gear. Is that true for the MZ6?

IIRC, the DRL/Halos don't come on when in park or with the e-brake engaged in any gear. Is that true for the MZ6?

IF they are on at all, they are so dim as to seem like they're NOT on, in my experience. They're on with the HID's, but who cares about that. Not a biggie to me, just wish they were brighter.

Haven't seen many '14 6's on the road. Though I do recall once seeing a GT with its parking lights on and the halo was very noticeable. Seen a few others with only DRL and headlights on and the halo was not noticeable. Obvious why it won't be with the headlight in the on position as the projector light bleeds enough to mask the halos. Though I am wondering if they have a dual stage to them. Dim with DRL, "bright" with parking and so on.

Hi, I just traded in 2010 CX-9 GT with 2014 Mazda6 GT and had the same issue which had me go back to the dealership as well as do a lot of research in the internet...But now I have just discovered the secret that I'd like to share with you (if this was not already known by and clear to you guys!)
I would say that SayNoToPistons already mentioned the true conditions that prevent you from seeing the Mazda6's LED DRLs w/ Angel Eyes normally work when you had to observe the car when it is parked or standing still. From my experiment and observations, Ive got the conclusion that Mazda6 GTs DRLs only operate / light up when the engine is started AND the gear position is not P plus the handbrake is not engaged, regardless of the positions of Light Switch (either OFF or AUTO). This is quite consistent with the intent the car is being intended to be driven and moving. And I think this logic also applies to other new Mazda models like CX-5 and Mazda3.

Latest posts

Back