Grounding Kit?

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
What exactly does a grounding kit do for your car? and are they hard to install?

A grounding kit well grounds your whole care out. The negative side of your battery goes to your frame. Completing the circut. A grounding kit runs wires from various places to a common point (or you can daisy chain one on top of another) to get a common ground. Lowering you ressistance to ground will allow your electronics to work properly. Just to put things in perspective...(do not try) but you can hang from a high voltage power line with your hands and be fine. You have all the power yes but until you touch ground or a tower you will not complete the circut, therefore the power is useless. You car already has a stock kit. I upgraded mine and the engine idled smoother and the headlights do not dim like christmas tree bulbs when the subs hit. I can get pics if interested.

A grounding kit well grounds your whole care out. The negative side of your battery goes to your frame. Completing the circut. A grounding kit runs wires from various places to a common point (or you can daisy chain one on top of another) to get a common ground. Lowering you ressistance to ground will allow your electronics to work properly. Just to put things in perspective...(do not try) but you can hang from a high voltage power line with your hands and be fine. You have all the power yes but until you touch ground or a tower you will not complete the circut, therefore the power is useless. You car already has a stock kit. I upgraded mine and the engine idled smoother and the headlights do not dim like christmas tree bulbs when the subs hit. I can get pics if interested.

Hey Jon that would be great if you could get me pics I was thinking about getting a NGK grounding kit...geez I forgot all about this thread lol

You want honest feedback? They do nothing.. don't waste your money. I had a 4 Ga grounding kit on my P5 and it didn't make a bit of difference. Just gave me headache down the road and caused random fuses to start popping.

You want honest feedback? They do nothing.. don't waste your money. I had a 4 Ga grounding kit on my P5 and it didn't make a bit of difference. Just gave me headache down the road and caused random fuses to start popping.

Are you serious??? I was about to make my own kit with 8 gauge... Maybe I'll have to think twice about putting it on...

On some cars they are much more beneficial. i.e. if the car has electronic throttle control, oil sprayer, etc... However if you notice you have issues with your headlights dimming when you roll your windows down, etc... Then grounding can help. But it doesn't do a damn thing unless your grounding points/locations are clean and have good connections. Otherwise your just running extra wires that still aren't grounding out s***...

^You may need a capacitor to completely take care of that... Depending on what your setup is, amps can put a rather large draw on your electrical system.

I have a kicker 800 watt amp and a single 12 in sub... I was thinking about putting a capacitor but I figured that if I went with a grounding kit (cheaper lol), I could maybe fix that problem..

Always try the cheaper/easier solution first then move on from there. You're not pushing too hard, better grounding may take care of it.

so can i just replace the existing ground wire with a larger diameter cable? or in order to get the benefits of grounding do i need to get several ground points?? thanks

so can i just replace the existing ground wire with a larger diameter cable? or in order to get the benefits of grounding do i need to get several ground points?? thanks

Either will do. Some have done several points and reported good results while other say they didn't notice a difference. Its really up to you

Back