GRM Project Miata MXR2 Status

A couple more.....

She'll be painted within the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

• DSCN1495.JPG
    DSCN1495.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCN1492.JPG
    DSCN1492.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCN1491.JPG
    DSCN1491.JPG
    208.8 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN1506.JPG
    DSCN1506.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 197
so that was yer car out AX'in... i was there watchin ya, and hangin with luke and wayne.. looks like hell but its got some go... have fun man.. oh and whens the Challenge and where, i would love to come watch and cheer you on

AZDriftR said:
so that was yer car out AX'in... i was there watchin ya, and hangin with luke and wayne.. looks like hell but its got some go... have fun man.. oh and whens the Challenge and where, i would love to come watch and cheer you on

lol, yes, it does look like hell. That should be corrected soon.

The challenge is March 31-April 2 in Gainesville, FL.

I wanted to meet you, but Luke said you took off with some friends.

hmm... i was there all day. maybe when i went on ride alongs with my subaru friends. ya ive been wanting to meet you as well... had not a clue that was yer car or i would have came up to you haha... i figured you would be in a white miata... not a primered, headlight missing black wheeled beast of a car u brought :D.... but ya if that Challenge doesnt get in the way of school i will definitly try and make it out, i talked to the guy with the 5.0 RX-7 and he's going to be there aswell.

I Just noticed you don't have a roll bar. Is that an oversight, or is it not required?

MiaTurbo said:
I Just noticed you don't have a roll bar. Is that an oversight, or is it not required?

I have one and it should be installed this weekend.

MiaTurbo said:
ah... Just checking ;)

IIRC, the rules stated that a bar was required for the drag portion of the event. It's fortunate that I found a guy who had converted his Miata into a Spec racer and had his old bar sale (cheap) :D .

well its set! im coming out thursday night and staying till sat evening. hey kevin where are you staying at?... i think ill just sleep in my car or if my frind wants to come his 4 runner. how much does this cost to come watch? and ill probably need directions...

AZDriftR said:
well its set! im coming out thursday night and staying till sat evening. hey kevin where are you staying at?... i think ill just sleep in my car or if my frind wants to come his 4 runner. how much does this cost to come watch? and ill probably need directions...

It'll cost you $15 to go watch.

Look here for details.

AZDriftR said:

I'm staying at the even hotel (Comfort Inn?) just off of 75.

I really wanted to enter my VW in the challenge this year. But progress didn't move as rapidly as I had hoped so I'll have to wait untill next year (unless i go over my budget in the mean time.

EDIT: I might swing by up there. I'm renting out that course again and need to pay my deposit, so I might try and make it on that weekend so I can see some racing action whil I'm there.

Scott said:
I really wanted to enter my VW in the challenge this year. But progress didn't move as rapidly as I had hoped so I'll have to wait untill next year (unless i go over my budget in the mean time.

EDIT: I might swing by up there. I'm renting out that course again and need to pay my deposit, so I might try and make it on that weekend so I can see some racing action whil I'm there.

Cool! I look forward to meeting you.

AZDriftR said:
thanx...you going too stutters??

I was going too, until my job got stupid and said no...

I was going to help the magazine run the event.

ya looks like i may only be able to go one day or not at all... i have a final on fridayfor my TCOM class... which is stupid cuz normanl finals arnt for a while...DAMNIT

The updated budget has been posted in my sig.

The latest power figures are an estimated (at higher RPMs) 200+ RWHP / 185 lb/ft with the clutch letting go at 4500 RPM and a registered 177 lb/ft @ 188 RWHP --- AT THE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFR is in the 12's with two short spikes into the low/mid 13's.

All I can say, is DAMN! Neither the tires, nor the clutch can hold this power. I can spin 225 Hoosiers completely through 2nd. This should be interesting considering the budget(boom06) . Not to mention, a car that weighs 2150 with driver and a 1/4 tank!

Methinks I'm going to have to find some way of reducing the boost to be competitive. I plan on bolting up (rigging) the entire stock exhaust to the setup to reduce the power gains a bit (sounds funny, eh?). It's not like this power is currently usable with this configuration/budget. Doing so will also allow me to hear any detonation that may occur (none as of yet).

Last edited:
I assume you're gonna take it past where the budget is holding you when you get done with the GRM thing? Or are you just gonna leave it as is?

That is unreal power for the money you've put into it. You should look into building turbo kits, lol.

Back