Greetings From Canada!

morghul

:
Mazda Protg 2002 Mazda 3 2010
Hi guys! My name is Ben and im from Quebec, Canada.
There is a forum for the quebec area but is looks like nobody knows what they are talking about.
SO, here i am. Im a mecanic and i know lots about different things but i still need help sometimes with stuff i never did like certain mods to the car.
My daily driver is a '10 Mz3 2.0.
My project car is a 3rd gen Mazda protege LX 2.0.
Its got 150k on the clock and it runs like a kitten.
Problem is : There is LOTS of rust.
I paid the car 100$ so who cares.
My plan is to remove the rust and make it a clean car for summer rides.
When the rust is removed i plan to install Takiko suspensions from the 2003.5 Mazdaspeed.
A Mazda p5 front bumper and side lips.
A Mazdaspeed protege interior.
And id love to do a 5 bolt conversion with the P5 spindles in order to install Mazdaspeed racing hart wheels.

Id like to know what are the mods i need to do in order to install 5 bolt P5 spindles on a LX car.
On the front it looks like its gonna bolt right on.
On the back ive got to convert the drums to disks.
I was wondering about brake line/brake master cylinder issue.
Also do i need any aditional suspension links in order to install the P5 spindles ont the back of the LX.
Any infos would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to my project: http://moto7777.wix.com/redneckmechanics#!mazdaprotege/c1stc

Since i made this part of my website for people from quebec, this section isnt written in english. But im sure you will enjoy to see the pictures of the damage that rust can do in quebec anyways.
Any questions or comment is welcome.

Thanks and have a nice day guys.

Welcome, Ben and wow, I have never seen so much rust, even when I lived in Connecticut! They would not allow such a car on their roads. Many older cars were scrapped with perfectly good-running engines.

Why not get some other lightweight wheels, like Konigs? That way, you won't have to change out the spindles.

Back