Greddy E-manage/APEXI SAFCII

P5inder

:
2002 Protege 5
Hello all,

Just wondering if there would be any advantage to using a greddy e-manage with an N/A P5?

Same question for the APEXI SAFCII...!

Which would be the better of the two to get?

I only have I/H/E but am looking for some (oxymoron coming up) cheap HP.

I am guessing that I probably won't get much gains outta this but still would like to tune the engine a bit more. I am looking at adding more 'go-fast' mods (cams, camgears, pulley set, larger TB, freer flowing intake, P&P head) to the car but I have to go at it slow...

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Don't know which is better, but I'm reasonably happy with the emanage ultimate. Still have some minor issues with datalogging. It's really nice to know what's going on and with a wideband you can tune it yourself.

I would suggest thinking seriously about about long term goals for the car and doing stuff that you can build on, eg NA CAI limited gains and useless for turbo vs emanage etc that works for both NA and FI. I've given up on NA mods and going turbo.

I was under the impression that the ultimate didn't work in our cars... I am running the emanage blue, and i love it, although I am boosted.

Australian spec cars have an OBDI PCM made by Mitsubishi, as opposed to U.S. OBDII Ford? Might be the problem?

Anyway, being able to tune your engine useful and fun, if a little(or alot) frustrating at times. I would highly recomend a wideband AFR dispay too, especially if it has an auxiliary out put that your computer can use, eg innovate.

Back