GPS / NAV system history grayed out (2018 CX-5)

My 2018 CX-5 history is grayed out on my GPS / NAV system. Does anyone know how to activate it? I've poked around in settings and don't know can't activate it.
Thanks in Advance.

I assume the CX is new to you. What does your Owner’s Manual say? You can search the forum for “nav cards”, you will likely need to purchase one for your navigation to work. Dealer cards are expensive, eBay cards are sometimes problematic.

I assume the CX is new to you. What does your Owner’s Manual say? You can search the forum for “nav cards”, you will likely need to purchase one for your navigation to work. Dealer cards are expensive, eBay cards are sometimes problematic.

No I've had car since 2018. I've recently had the car battery replaced. I don't know if that's when history was grayed out. But history has been kind of a big question mark, because in the past, I have looked for places I've been and not found them recorded in history. The dealer showed me I need to clear history to start creating new history. But now it's totally grayed out. So I can't create history or clear history. The Owners Manual is useless. No in depth coverage of the navigation system. I even downloaded the navigation manual and it doesn't tell you how to "activate" history. I looked at the settings to see if there is some kind of privacy setting that was turned on but of course nothing there either. If anyone has experienced this and knows the solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

Is the Nav still working? From your comment it sounds like just the history.
I'd pop the SD card out, then re-insert it, see if it fixes the problem. Take a look at the contacts, make sure they're clean.

I don't think the "history" is what you're thinking. It's not like Google maps .... i.e. just showing where you've been, tracking you all the time. Rather, "history" is only showing addresses/places you have programmed in and actually used navigation to.

Maybe try throwing an address in or using a search for gas or food and pick one and start navigating to it. Then see if that shows up in your "history".

... I've recently had the car battery replaced. I don't know if that's when history was grayed out. ...

Yeah, loosing power from battery disconnect likely erased your nav history I'd say.

But now it's totally grayed out.

That's because there's no history to select. Navigate to somewhere and you will now have a historical navigation entry to select from

Back