GPS mulfunction

leedstao

:
2014 Mazda 6 i Touring with Tech Pkg
Recently, I found my GPS not working properly. At low speed or stop, the GPS has random pointing. That means, when I stop at a red light, the car would suddenly think I was on the cross road or facing backward. This result in annoying rerouting or sometime freeze.

I upgraded the system in early July and the car is 6 month old with around 6k miles. Car parks in an underground lot.

Any idea to fix it?

I've had this randomly, but only on a day with bad weather conditions and driving through downtown Chicago where the skyscrapers can impact GPS signal.

Recently, I found my GPS not working properly. At low speed or stop, the GPS has random pointing. That means, when I stop at a red light, the car would suddenly think I was on the cross road or facing backward. This result in annoying rerouting or sometime freeze.

I upgraded the system in early July and the car is 6 month old with around 6k miles. Car parks in an underground lot.

Any idea to fix it?

Do you have any aftermarket electronic installed?
Those might interfere with GPS. If yes, disconnect them first and try again.

One day while out in a city I am not at all familiar with, my GPS decided to die on me, the touch screen just stopped working, btw this is just for the GPS, audio and other functions were working just fine. All of a sudden in a few minutes, it started back up after I made a stop at a gas station. Had to use google maps in the meanwhile.

The reason for this remains unknown. But I updated the maps and GPS data once and have had no issues ever since.

Back