Got rearended last night

Well, I should find out this week. I am going to take it to the dealer for the estimate, which will be faxed to my insurance company. They're going to do that while I wait so I can bring it back in after the parts come in.

Who is your insurance company? I'm an adjuster and I've never heard of a zero deductible for no fault accident....I know we'll front the deductible for the customer if he/she is not at fault, and subrogate it on the back end...but I've never heard of a zero deductible for no fault accident, and then having a separate collision deductible for at fault accidents..... I hope you're not confusing comprehensive and collision. Very rarely is there liability placed on a customer in a comp claim, hence no fault, such as theft, hail damage, vandalism, animal hit, but coll deductible always applies, regarless of fault (of course we'll try to get the deductible back for the customer if it's not clear cut liablity). Again, I may be wrong but I've never heard of such a thing.

Good luck though..based on the damages you've described, sounds like they'll repair the bumper only if the textured trim piece can be bought separate, if it comes as one unit, you'll be getting a new bumper

Good luck

Who is your insurance company? I'm an adjuster and I've never heard of a zero deductible for no fault accident....I know we'll front the deductible for the customer if he/she is not at fault, and subrogate it on the back end...but I've never heard of a zero deductible for no fault accident, and then having a separate collision deductible for at fault accidents..... I hope you're not confusing comprehensive and collision. Very rarely is there liability placed on a customer in a comp claim, hence no fault, such as theft, hail damage, vandalism, animal hit, but coll deductible always applies, regarless of fault (of course we'll try to get the deductible back for the customer if it's not clear cut liablity). Again, I may be wrong but I've never heard of such a thing.

Good luck though..based on the damages you've described, sounds like they'll repair the bumper only if the textured trim piece can be bought separate, if it comes as one unit, you'll be getting a new bumper

Good luck

*clarification* I actually have a $500 deductible, which is waved in an accident where I am not at fault. Thus zero out of pocket expense when I am not at fault. Sorry about that.

*clarification* I actually have a $500 deductible, which is waved in an accident where I am not at fault. Thus zero out of pocket expense when I am not at fault. Sorry about that.

Make sure her insurance covers the additional "loss of value" from having an accident on the title. I think it's called diminished value or something similar. Just glad that no one was hurt...

I got hit 3 days after i bought my MS Miata.. a beautiful black mica.. smashed the bumper.

You should have seen me, I was screaming at the guy half hoping he would do something stupid so I could justify beating him to a pulp..

I hated that sob.. just a careless moron who just like most people don't care, pay no attention to anything and go through life a wandering dumb f**k

Did I say I was mad? lol That was 2 years ago and I still get worked up about it..

Make sure her insurance covers the additional "loss of value" from having an accident on the title. I think it's called diminished value or something similar. Just glad that no one was hurt...

I'll check into that. My dad happens to be my agent. And no, I don't get a discount or free insurance. I hate people asking me that.

Yeah, so there I was on my way to get my new tires installed on my new MZ3 GT and then to pick up my gf to dinner; less than 24 hours after taking delivery of my new car. I was two blocks from work at a stop light in the turn lane, stopped. The light was about to change and all of the sudden ... WHACK! I got ass-packed by some broad in an old saturn wagon. I could not believe it. I immediately yelled out an expletive, put her in neutral and cranked on the parking break.

I had just gotten this car. First thing I said when I got out and walked to her car was "I just got this car last night." I was pissed but I didn't yell at her or anything. She apologized and I got her information and called the police.

So there we were at a super busy intersection with cars driving around us and honking in downtown Grand Rapids. The Police were slow as hell. I kept thinking "where the hell are my tax dollars going," as I get taxed out the ass for living and working in Grand Rapids city. I called 911 three times to get an update on the police officer's arrival. Apparently, they were near a shift change and there was some other accident.

Exactly one hour later, an officer arrives, we pull over to a back street and the damage is assessed and the ticket is written. My rear bumper was from what I could tell only scuffed around the license plate (paint is chipped off) and the black plastic trim piece on the bottom is roughed up. Who knows if clips were borken and all that jazz though.

I am guessing that because the black piece cannot be painted, I will need a new bumper. Good thing I have a zero deductible for not at fault accidents, though I do pay a premium for that. What a way to start my night.

That sux! I would have been real mad too. We were stopped at a stoplight one time and a couple of people collided in the intersection and bumped our Probe. First instinct for my husband was to jump out mad as hell but then he saw the people were hurt. I ran to Mcdonalds to use their phone to call 911 but they wouldn't let me. Luckily someone had a cell phone nearby.

So you just sat in the intersection for an hour until the police showed up? Even though your cars were driveable? I've always heard to move your vehicle if you can. I've always wondered why though because I would want the accident report to show the whole story and have the cops see exactly what happened. I'm so confused.

Join the rear-ended MS3 club! haha j/k

Mine got rear-ended after 4 months, and the guy actually fled the scene.
I did what any new MS3 owner would do and chased him down on the interstate. -_-;;
(although I had to stop when cops told me to stop chasing >_< )

My MS3 car got fixed only because the people on this forum tracked down the runaway fender-bender. *^_^*

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123665857

Well, the estimate is not too bad. $781.92 (new rear bumper painted and installed). $18 new Univ. Of Michigan Alumni License plate frame. (evil). Zero out of pocket expense.

I will take pictures tonight, but basically it is only scuffed up and the paint is chipped. However, the black center plastic part is unpainted and all part of the bumper (one piece). Thus, the need for a whole new bumper.

Back