Got my mazdaspeed axle back

671_p5

:
Protege 5
I have to say I'm quite disappointed though. It's wayyy quiet. Really almost stock. I even started it off without any muffler and it was way way quiet still lol. I guess I'll have to gut my cat or something to get the sound I was looking for.

671_p5 said:
I have to say I'm quite disappointed though. It's wayyy quiet. Really almost stock. I even started it off without any muffler and it was way way quiet still lol. I guess I'll have to gut my cat or something to get the sound I was looking for.

Header will fix that right up man, I promise:)

A high flow Mid-Pipe will make it loud. I couldn't stand to ride in the car it was so loud when Bill (rednecks_r_us) had the header, midpipe & mazdaspeed exhaust. I like the exhaust he has on there now.

TheMAN said:
guess this guy wants that obnoxious ricer bumble bee exhaust sound

There's so many people that do, it just amazes me. When I hear those cars go racing by me on the freeway at about 1 million decibels, I guess I'll just have to start believing that it was intentional and they like the sound. Me, I just laugh every time...

I really don't understand why you would want to render your car that annoying to ride in. When I was without a muffler for a while I wanted to shoot myself every time I started the P5 up.

It's not loud enough? LOL. I have just this axle-back exhaust-wise and I think that if I open up exhaust any more, I won't be able to sit in the car (nailbyt)

rice3.jpg

Hey guys do we have to call it rice just because he wants an audible exhaust? I mean i dont want some fartcan that is obnoxious as hell but I put on my rb catback today and I wish it was just a little louder because I can barely hear it.

carter1551 said:
Hey guys do we have to call it rice just because he wants an audible exhaust? I mean i dont want some fartcan that is obnoxious as hell but I put on my rb catback today and I wish it was just a little louder because I can barely hear it.

That's the whole point of the RB. It looks good, and is mild. I don't want my car to EVER sound like these ricemobiles I hear everywhere. I love my RB.

Tasty said:
That's the whole point of the RB. It looks good, and is mild. I don't want my car to EVER sound like these ricemobiles I hear everywhere. I love my RB.

Even with a header and catted midpipe, yeah it's a bit loud, but it's still tolerable on the highway.. definitely not even a hint of ricer sound though, it's all a nice low growl :)

I believe it is impossible to get the ricey sound from an FS-DE. I believe it is due to the engine geometry...or something :)

Dim said:
I believe it is impossible to get the ricey sound from an FS-DE. I believe it is due to the engine geometry...or something :)

I have heard a few FS-DE's that sounds like crap.

Wow! I liked the sound of the mazdaspeed axleback, just don't like the highspeed droning. I installed some OBX headers and that axleback is way loud now. I hope I don't get pulled over because of it. Of coarse I can always argue it since it is a genuine mazda exhaust.

I retract my statement. The rb is much louder now that Ive broken it in over the day but its a tasteful sound, not obnoxious

haha i drive around with my mazdaspeed axleback. I like the sound and at times i wish it was louder, but i'm pretty sure it's way louder on the outside. I heard my dad pull up in my car and it's pretty loud. apparently I don't really hear it on the inside. However I did drive to santa cruz and back today on highway 17 and i had 2 passengers. I'm use to the exhaust, but i bet i annoyed the hell out of them haha.

Back