Got my Fullloaded CX-7 (CP-E Sponser!)

CX7TT

Hi all! just got my crystal pearl white with GT, AWD, and Tech PkG yesterday!

Traded in my 05 RX-8 and 700over the invoice for the cx7. I think it was a pretty good deal!

While I was waiting for my car I visited this web site and read a thread about finding a donor car from CP-E (Custom Performance Engineering)

So i called them and found out they are located righte next to me, Beltsville Maryland.

So I visited them today and they had a lots of machines that makes all the products for mazda6speed and CX-7.

I became the proto-type of theirs today!!!!

They installed a prototype intake and HKS BOV on my car.

I went out for a test drive and I can felt that it got much fater!! maybe it was the sound of the turbo and BOV but, still heard it gives 8-10 HP for the car..

They will start to sell the intakes for the CX-7 in like two weeks...
http://www.cp-e.com <- you should visit here if you own a cx-7 or mazda6speed.

The later projects are down-pipe, headers, exhaust, and intercooler.

These guys are working hard and try to maxout the power for cx-7s.

I will post up some pictures of my car and the intake, looks very clean.

I will keeping posting whenever i gets a new prototype parts.

This is a good news for everybody, its the first company makes all the perfomence part for the CX-7.. and its good.

Thats awesome.. but you shouldnt be driving that brand new car hard yet. Give it a little time (at least 500 miles) to break in a LITTLE bit before you go racing it all over.

How did the intake make the turbo sound?

lllateralus said:
Thats awesome.. but you shouldnt be driving that brand new car hard yet. Give it a little time (at least 500 miles) to break in a LITTLE bit before you go racing it all over.

You can hear the turbo very well!
very loud.. and when u press the paddle half, and the you can hear the turbo is chargin... sh~~~~~~~ then when u release it... pshshshsh!
lol

Question.....sounds great but does it make the gas mileage worse?? Wish we had a sound clip to hear it!!!

That sounds like good advise and thats what I had always believed...but I was told that cars no longer have a break in period because of how well they are built. I guess old cars used to need break in period because of all the metal shavings that were left in the engine. I don't know if this guy didn't know what he was talking about or if this is just another flame war like spark plugs and syntetic oil.

lllateralus said:

Nice sounding blow off valve. Notice any difference in gas mileage? Just curious. Also, CP-E CANT be making a header for a turbo charged car, maybe you mean they are making an equal length turbo manifold but im excited to see the intake and BOV.

I would love to see some pics of the intake 0_o

Any interest in a group buy? We could get a little bit of a better price too most likely? I would like to know how your gas mileage is now with the intake?

Last edited:
What about CPU upgrades

One thing that will give you an extra 40-80 hp is a good CPU upgrade or perfomance chip upgrade, I haven't found any company that are researching this but I had it done on my 04 Jetta 1.8T by APR performance and talk about wow!! So yes, you can purchase a CAI and BOV for $$$ from what I can see on their web site but Hey! Come out with a program for our CPU that is reliable and I'll be the first one to buy it.

I've check with my old programmers (APR, Gretty) and they're only involve with VW, Audi.

Do you guys/gals know of anybody that will produce a good reliable program for us?

meinp5 said:
That sounds like good advise and thats what I had always believed...but I was told that cars no longer have a break in period because of how well they are built. I guess old cars used to need break in period because of all the metal shavings that were left in the engine. I don't know if this guy didn't know what he was talking about or if this is just another flame war like spark plugs and syntetic oil.
I bet he works for the parts department.:)

"Proper break-in is VERY critical to
making your engine last as long as it should. When an engine is brand
new (or freshly rebuilt) the cylnder walls and piston rings have not
yet "worn in" to fit each other.

Before you assemble an engine you hone the cylinders to create a
"crosshatch" pattern. These fine "scratches" in the cylinder wall
hold oil while and providing a slightly abrasive surface against the
piston rings. The piston rings when new have a dull (slightly rough)
finish to them.

As the motor "breaks in" the slightly rough piston rings and the
slightly rough cylinder walls polish each other to provide a tight
seal on the combustion chamber. If this polishing is not accomplished
properly, you will have excessive blowby gasses from your motor (see
my article: http://econofix.com/pcv.html for a description of blowby
gasses)

There are other things that have to "break in" on a new motor, most
notably the valves have to "seat in", but these are not nearly as
critical as the piston ring break-in."

its kind of hard to tell in the video, but are you running that BOV Vent to atmosphere or re-circ? Looks and sounds like VTA to me.

i guess a CAI and/or a BOV will void the warrenty... just curious...?i had a CAI, BOV, turbo timer and exhaust on my 96 talon turbo and those upgrades were ridiculous in the power gain department... i also caused a bad valve tap...nothing sounds sweeter than a BOV....back then too, in 96-97, not alot of people really knew whet they were hearing when i screamed by them and shifted...WHHHOOOOooooshhhhhPPPPPSSSSsssssHHHHHhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAI shouldn't void warranty. They might check for water damage but having the CAI doesn't void warranty. Exhaust doesn't either.

i hope u guys are right, anyone here from a dealer that 100% knows, cuz if they will not void i'll def get the CAI and BOV. maybe even an exhaust down the road. i always thought if u did ANYTHING the dealer didn't do, it could cause a voided warrenty...?

NOTHING can void your warranty simply because you installed it. The laws don't work that way.

However, if the part you installed causes a failure they won't honor your claim.

Understand?

Back