Got my 5 tinted 36% front 16% rear titanium charcoal

vinisterz

I almost went with 5% limo for the rear but decided on 16%. what do you guys think?

2011-08-11 12.43.22.jpg2011-08-13 06.59.22.jpg2011-08-11 12.43.48.jpg2011-08-11 12.43.36.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I don't like tint that varies from front to rear, but looks good on yours.

Love the contrast between the tint and the silver. It totally changes the aesthetics of the exterior!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you? I wanted to do the same on mine like my Odyssey Touring. But I am not planning on tinting the front windows though. Just the ones from middle seat to back. I will probably do the ones in the rear as dark as possible so that it matches with the black trimming around it. Thank for sharing though!

How is visibility out the back at 16% at night time?

I have a car with 15% ALL around (including windshield). That is my 100% after dark car, because during the day, it is a cop magnet. Haven't had any issues.

But for my mazda 5 I went 35%. Remember guys mettalic vs ceramic

For me the difference between metallic and ceramic tint doesn't matter unless I have a radar detector or start stop (keyless ignition) system on the car. Lookwise, they look the same to me, so for the price I say go metallic :)

For me the difference between metallic and ceramic tint doesn't matter unless I have a radar detector or start stop (keyless ignition) system on the car. Lookwise, they look the same to me, so for the price I say go metallic :)

Having cars with both mettalic and ceramic, I can tell you this, looks might not matter but temps inside are SIGNIFICANTLY different.

A good place I can find around my area is TheBestGuys in Concord, and AFAIK they use Llumar film, supposedly also ceramic. Anyone has experience with Llumar?

Having cars with both mettalic and ceramic, I can tell you this, looks might not matter but temps inside are SIGNIFICANTLY different.

different cars will have different resulting interior temperatures but that depends primarily on the % not material. of course there are ongoing debates between which one is better ceramic or metallic. If you have the money, go for ceramic and you will definitely feel better that you did.

A good place I can find around my area is TheBestGuys in Concord, and AFAIK they use Llumar film, supposedly also ceramic. Anyone has experience with Llumar?

Yes, I have it on my MS3 and it's fantastic stuff, stays so much cooler in the summer while the car is parked and it has a fantastic look to it.

DSC03853.jpg

I plan on doing the same to my 5 soon.

Perfect timing! I'm looking for tint for my 2012 MZ5 also, but I'm not using metallic or ceramic. I'm using proventil albuterol.

Seriously, we went on our longest trip so far in the new 5 (about an hour) in the middle of a clear, sunny day, and the sunlight was bad inside the car. Tint is such a scam in the Chicago area though, I don't get it. The cost is around half if you can get it done in Indiana. I've done a bunch of cars that way. I just don't currently have an excuse to drive to Indiana... (drive)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a place in Orland that comes highly recommended from another forum I am on. He will come to you if you desire. I spoke to him for a while, nice guy and knows his stuff. I was going to have him do our MZ5 but my wife had a shop the dealer uses do it. If you're interested PM me.

Latest posts

Back