Got a New FC

01bluemp3

:
07 MS6
Just got a 87 Rx7 GXL will have pics tomorrow. It will be a weekend/auto-x car.

Ill post more tomororw, its late and im high on gas fumes from driving it back from charlotte to clemmons, about 100mi

Let me know if you need a spare 5 speed. I've got one taking up space in the garage along with a bunch of interior parts.

thanks justin, ill prolly tae a ride out there some time, gonna need a few things. every to a motor swap on a rotary before?

thanks for the tip, where is that damper at? im gonna start messing with the car this weekend.

here are some pics i took today before i went to work.

2-6005.jpg

2-6010.jpg

2-6008.jpg

2-6009.jpg

2-6012.jpg

2-6011.jpg

2-6006.jpg

2-6007.jpg

how bad was the crash the front of the car was in? any frame damage?

also, i wouldnt install the harnesses on that rear tie bar.....who knows if it could take the force in a crash....also, if those are not a name brand harness, I would ditch them.

Wow you got a lot of work ahead of you. Looks like it's been messed with quite a bit. The Pulsation Damper is on your fuel rail. If take a look and the throttle body on the front and follow that rod down towards the oil metering pump. You'll see the pulsation damper just below the four intake runners with that oil metering pump rod passing just by it. It has a 1.25" diameter plastic cap on it

thanks for the help melicha8. there is alot of work to be done. doesnt look like any frame damage looked like all sheet metal. i only paid 450 for the car, drove it over a hr home and 100mi. i plan on getting rid of that harness. i got a better one with a sub belt im gonna use and get a real hoop in there to support it.

01bluemp3 said:
thanks for the help melicha8. there is alot of work to be done. doesnt look like any frame damage looked like all sheet metal. i only paid 450 for the car, drove it over a hr home and 100mi. i plan on getting rid of that harness. i got a better one with a sub belt im gonna use and get a real hoop in there to support it.

Hey for a running FC that is a damn good price regardless of the body. Running FC's automatically bump them up to the 1k range. I paid 2k for mine but that was piece of mind as well as a strong S4 motor. Good luck with the reconstruction. Like Roy said the more FC owners the more interesting the rotary forum becomes so welcome aboard.

Did a coolent flush today along with a new thermostat and a pressure test. checked out good. thermostat was tost that i took out. i them went and beat the hell outta it and it didnt get hot. found out the LSD works ;-) and started painting the wheels black and the calipers silver. got the drivers side done then ran out of light.

pics in a few

Here are the pics!!

sticker for another forum im on
2-11062.jpg

took out the falling headliner
2-11064.jpg

New thermostat. This ones faster, its nascar approved
2-11074.jpg

quick rattle can on the wheels and calipers.
2-11067.jpg

car in the driveway next to the bimmer
2-11065.jpg

2-11069.jpg

also had my friend WRX there doin some maint to it
2-11072.jpg

and my buddies s2k
2-11070.jpg

(werd) when I finally get my FC and if the paint is s***, its getting a rattle can black paint job...
Roywhitep5 said:
that car is a perfect candidate for a flat black spray can job

Back