good deal?

chloeport

Hi, I just bought a used 2002 MP5, yellow, automatic, leather, and fully loaded. It had 17,000 miles on it, and I got it for $10,995, and got the dealer to throw in free tint. Was that a good deal? It's below the blue book value and all that, but I thought everyone in this forum had a better idea of true street prices.

Also, does everyone typically get an extended warranty?
I've heard concerns from friends about the reliability of Mazda's in general, but I've only read good reviews about the MP5. Anybody have any comments about that?

Thanks in advance,

Chloe

well, i'll be the first to say welcome to the site! (hi)

i can't help you out with your pricing question, but i can tell you that i did not purchase the extended warranty, and hopefully i won't need it (knock on wood) :D mazda was recently voted the most reliable automaker, so i'm pretty confident with my basic warranty.

i bought mine brand new in 02 for 15 grand, o miles, so i think you did pretty good. As far as reliability of my p5, nothing but good comments. I have not had any kind of problems what so ever , besides the cheap paint they used. I have had if for over a year now and no mechanical problems what so ever. Warranty wise no extended i just got a three year or 50 thousand miles.

lataaaaaa

id say you got a pretty good deal .Wish I would have gotten leather. I payed 11.9k for mine and it had 24K. Color might have had something to do with it but I dunno, I like me white one. What % tint?

As far as the reliability of Mazda's, they are great. My family has always bought mazdas.

Dad: GLC(80's), '89 626, '93 626, 2001 Millenia
Mom: 2001 MPV
Older Sister: '91 626, 2000 Tribute
Younger Sister: '99 Protege ES
Me: '87 RX-7, '91 RX-7, '93 MX-3

And now that im on my own and married I just got a P5.

The only one of these cars that ever had any problems was the '93 626 blew the clutch at 90k miles because 3 people learned to drive a stick on it, and when my older sister inherited the '89 626 from my father she didnt get the oil changed and blew the motor.

So thats 12 reasons why Mazda's are reliable.

Well actually i blew the clutch on the '91 RX-7 because i ragged it all to hell, but until it said hello to a concrete wall at 75 MPH (thank you Mr. 18-wheeler, im sure you really needed to be in the far left lane on a four-lane interstate going 75 around a curve in high traffic) it was the best car I have ever driven.

Btw i came out of that wreck with nothing more than slight internal bruising in my wrist from bracing on the steering wheel. The damage never made it past that heavy front end.

Back