Good deal?

Coolhand

:
2001 Mazda MP3 #140
So my parents were in the market for a new car, and they were looking to trade up on their 2004 Pontiac Vibe for a 2007 model. Being the devote "Mazda Guy" of the family, I suggested they took a look and test drive of the 3 hatch. It was a good suggestion as they decided it was a better car (Duh!). So I handled the negotiations, and I got them into a Grand Touring w/ Nav, Moonroof, Bose Audio, and Self Dimming/Homelink mirror for $23,232. Only additional fees were tax and tag. On Edmunds, it shows invoice for same model and options as $22,905. I think I made a good deal... but I guess I'm looking for some confirmation from my Mazda brethren. What do you think?

22,905 could have got you a sport packe MS3. :D i would have opted for that. as for your pricing hell doyou feel you got a good deal? if so then be happy with it. thats the way i look at it.

Age factor a problem.

justa4banger said:
22,905 could have got you a sport packe MS3. :D i would have opted for that. as for your pricing hell doyou feel you got a good deal? if so then be happy with it. thats the way i look at it.

Yeah I would have too, but it's for my parents, my somewhat older parents (pushing 70)... so the speed was out of the question. I did get a chance to test drive the CX-9 while there. Pretty sweet, and probably my next acquisition. I just haven't been able to figure out how to accomodate my 6 year old and 3 year old triplets in my MP3 ;), so a 7 passenger is in order.

lol i was surprised for a second...cant picture old folks driving a Speed lol...hey, picture this...picture an 80 year old driving a STi/Srt4 with a loud BOV and a nasty sounding muffler...LOL

Coolhand said:
...........my somewhat older parents (pushing 70)... .

Well then, IMO they shouldn't be driving that much longer anyways and shoulda kept the vibe

Damn!?

msp35 said:
Well then, IMO they shouldn't be driving that much longer anyways and shoulda kept the vibe

(boom08) Don't quite know how to take that, so I'll just leave at the fact that even though they are pushing 70, they are very active, enjoy going on road trips, and don't want to drive a boat of a car... they appreciate the sportiness of the 3. You trying to say that at 65 you'll be home bound and not driving? Good! One less car to get in my way. I've always said that I wanna go out while driving, not laying in a bed somewhere.

i think it's a good deal. thats a lot of options and sunroofs are the s***

good job Rene

do you think you got a good deal?....hhmm....look at it this way....do you think they need all of thoughs features? Navi, HomeLink? Bose system...etc..etc? If all of thoughs features doesn't interest them and they can do without, then your not getting a good deal. You'll be paying extra for various features you don't need. If they do, then it sounds like a decent deal. :)

Akaveli said:
do you think you got a good deal?....hhmm....look at it this way....do you think they need all of thoughs features? Navi, HomeLink? Bose system...etc..etc? If all of thoughs features doesn't interest them and they can do without, then your not getting a good deal. You'll be paying extra for various features you don't need. If they do, then it sounds like a decent deal. :)
That's what I thought, but they wanted those options. They wanted leather and navi. Navi is only available on the GT. They also understood that they would have to get the moonroof and Bose sytem to get the navi. It's what they wanted. I feel pretty confident that I made a good deal for them. I was just curious as to what others thought. Thank you all for your opinions.

sounds like a really good deal to me. I got my dad and my sister (they share a car) into a 3 last year, but they went with the base model sedan for ~16k

Latest posts

Back