Going to look at a Mazda3 Hatch tomorrow... Things to make sure I look at.

I read through the TSBs and the "issues" thread but I know a few owners will be able to give me some better insight as to what to look for.

I just looked at a Protege5 that I got some great advice on from the guys in the Familia area of this forum, but it was just too questionable for me to rely on every day.

I found an '04 Mazda3 5 speed with 78k (as of a month ago), with an asking price of $8,599.

I have not yet looked at it and am wondering what to look out for aside from squeaky wipers and rubbing rear splash guards?

Thanks! I hope this works out. I am going to have to talk him down a bit. $8,599 seems a bit high for the current market. Anyone have a price I should shoot for assuming the thing is essentially in "new" condition as it appears in the photos?

Thanks again,

-Eric

Well, the car looks amazing. Seems like $8,600 is a bit high though given the current market. NADA and KBB seem to have different opinions so I'm going to try and talk him down a bit. Hopefully I can get him down to my budget and make it happen!

-Eric

well as far as mazdas go esp for the 04 year heres what i recommend, since i bought an 04 about 7 mos ago (and love it!) check the rear wheel wells for rust, have someone look at the motor mounts (tend to fail a lot on mazda 3's) because of where the miles are at, check brakes, tires, and suspension items for wear, you dont wanna pay a premium price to get a car that needs 2 gs in maintainance, and just check for signs of good general maintenance, i'd even go so far as to ask for service records, which is what i did when i bought mine. in all the 3's are really great little cars, and i would never go back to another chrysler product (had a miserable experience!) good luck with the search and let me know what happens!

ps, is the car dealer or private?

Latest posts

Back