Going Forged!!!

MP3Night

Boost feels so good
:
Mazda Protege MP3
Here we go! Another wonderful build taking place, cant wait to complete this! Ready to take this car to the next step.
So here's the story, I was driving enjoying my Turbo and everything and a sleeve on my rod slipped out and the results are in the pictures. A
lot of noise and painful to hear my baby in pain. I bought another engine with 20,000miles on it and swapped it out, so I'm running n/a right now. I'm already missing that beautiful Turbo :(

Already broke the engine down.
The engine luckily is okay and I can rebuild on it so thank god! So the pictures will be rolling in.
IMAG00071.jpg

IMAG00041.jpg

IMAG00031.jpg

IMAG00021.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

I'm worried about this! is the head going to be okay???
IMAG0016-1.jpg

IMAG0015-1.jpg

Last edited:
1.Forged Pistons 8.8 to 1 Wiseco Pistons
2.Piston Rings - with Pistons
3.Wrist Pin - with Pistons
4.Forged Rods - K1
5.Main Bearings - ACL
6.Rod Bearings - ACL
7.Bearing Shims ACL
8.Head Bolts - ARP
9.Main Bolts - ARP
10.Oil Sprayer - OEM
11.Valve Seals
12.Oil Pump - OEM -Doc B
13.Assembly Lube
14.Black Sealant
15.Grey Sealant
16.Haltech Platinum Sprint 500 Standalone ECU
17.GT2860RS
18.AWR Ultimate Engine Mount Set Front, Rear, & Side Mounts All 88Duro
19.SuperTech Dual Valve Springs & Titanium Retainers
20.SuperTech Manganese Bronze Valve Guides
21.Exedy Stage 2 Clutch Fidanza Flywheel
22.Quaife Limited Slip Differential
23.Integral SpeedCircuit Cams...Maybe
24.Walbro Fuel Pump
25.Deatschwerks 440cc Injectors
Missing anything? lol
Little over 7 grands worth about to sink into my baby! Damn this is going to be Fun!

Last edited:
Does it matter if I get the ACL or Clevite 77 Engine Bearing Kits? Is one better then the other? Or am I getting the same thing out of both and I'm just paying more for the the name on the ACL?

Honestly I wonder that too.. im going with clevite and when I saw you got ACL I was like damn should I have gotten them instead? (Im also in the middle of a build and we have very similar hardware .. its in the machine shop right now)

I would say they're either the same or better. I'm getting acl bearings when I do my build but its more of for peace of mind. my power goals are nowhere near yours though. But even the na proteges need the doc b oil pump. Are you boring it out any?

I'd get another head. XD Just because you're about to dump 7k, protecting your investment should be a main priority.

I'd get another head. XD Just because you're about to dump 7k, protecting your investment should be a main priority.

Very true! I do have another head with 20,000 miles I could use. I don't want to play with fire when I have that baby all together, I can't wait to feel that boost!!

Would it be a bad idea to have the psi at 15 on that trans?

The gears will be the next thing after the engine and everything but I don't want that to beak on me when I'm just starting to enjoy everything else.

You should get a set of speed 6 front calipers to help you stop faster. Especially now that you will have all that power. *cough**cough*

Isn't there a built engine in the FS section with low Miles? I remember seeing something

Back