Glare guard in Fog lights

Pengaroo

:
2014 Mazda 3 S GT
Anyone considering removing them and if so anyone know if the glass face is glued on or clipped to the fog assembly? I bought some LED bulbs for it only to find out it wont fit with those glare guards in the way :-(.

I was looking forward to seeing the LED fog lights but honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to remove the glare shield. Without it I'm sure there will be a lot of glare and the beam will be all over the place. Anyways, looking at the fog light housing, looks like the shield is held on by a screw so if you want to remove it you'll most likely have to open up the fog lights.

The leds are side firing and so its coming of the reflector anyways. That and the tip extends past the led blocking it. Ive hooked it up to a power supply and if looking at it from the end there is no glare. Ill know better once I take the fog lights apart. Yeah I figured I would have to take it apart, im just hoping its held together with clips and not glued closed.

I've ordered projector housings to retrofit into the fog lights. I'll know in a few weeks how the stock lights are assembled.

Back