GI: Replacement exhaust manifold

PM sent.

Does anyone else know whats going on with this.......or am i basicly kissing this money goodbye? Arent there others that havent received theirs yet?

PM sent.

Does anyone else know whats going on with this.......or am i basicly kissing this money goodbye? Arent there others that havent received theirs yet?

this, if you haven't opened a case w/ paypal yet i would advise you to do so... probably too late tho

Tom finally came back and gave us an update in the DP thread.. he's on it, manifold and pipes should be done this week (I hope!)

this^^^^. Im pretty sure he isn't going to ditch you guys. Ever since he started this, a lot has been going on. Is it taking longer than expected? Yes. Is anyone helping him? No. Does he have a family that he has to juggle time with along with the manifolds and not too long ago down pipes too? Yes. I'm pretty sure there is a job somewhere in the mix. So add in family, a job, downpipes, and manifolds plus other unexpected things that pop up whether family or job related. In the downpipe thread, he said it took about an hour to complete each downpipe and it was almost a month before receiving mine. The manifolds take a lot longer than that. When it comes to custom made parts, you have to have patience. When I paid for my 505 intake manifold, I waited a little over a year to receive it. Was there time with no communication? Yes. But things don't always go as planned. He's already burnt out from this whole deal,which is why he's moving on and doing no more fabrication after this. He also doesn't get online as much now so he is kind of hard to contact. So, bumping the thread isn't going to help. Just give it time. With the amount of support he has contributed to the forum, I doubt he is just going to disappear.

^ see i can't see why anyone would trust a internet personality. nobody here really knows the dude personally. he was gonna take everybody's money and run until he saw his paypal account @ like negative $3,000 after everybody opened a case.

open a paypal case unless you want your money stolen bro.

this was his BS story after he realized he wasn't gonna get away with it -

I got a call from a friend of mine who still occasionally visits the forum and he let me know I needed to check the thread and my email. I shut the email down through cpanel with my hosting provider but apparently all I did was stop forwarding them to my computer and phone - I didn't actually close the email account. For this reason I hadn't gotten anything from you guys or from paypal...

Its been a long while since I've made time to log on.

^ lying sack of s***, he logged in just about every day before that. it shows when you log in if you look @ the profile. if you believe that "it's been awhile since he logged in", you are a fool.

i would take Antoine's advise, after-all he OWNS this forum:

I highly recommend you ALL contact paypal and issue a claim against Pope...Even if you won't get a refund...They may freeze his account.

Has anyone met Pope in person or can pay him a visit? The Moderator Team and I will do what we can to help but ultimately to resolve this...All of you on the list will have to take action by any LEGAL means necessary.

I will also see if our Marketplace Moderators can jump in here and provide advice regarding paypal claims and unresolved transactions...

hate to be the guy bashing him, as people have gotten their downpipes successfully, but i don't stand for being ripped off and sketchy ass mofos.

it's not about trusting an "internet personality". Im pretty sure you have sent money to a member on here for a part that they were selling. Isn't there a level of trust there? You are sending your money to someone you have probably never even seen before.It's part of life. When someone fills their part of a deal over a period of time, your level of trust increases with each successful transaction whether it's over the internet or in person. Pope took it upon himself to take the time and money to make parts for our cars that were in high demand. Was he successful? Yes. But you all have to look at it from both sides. As stated in my last post, he is ONE GUY filling all of our requests for parts. It's not like there are friends or a shop helping him. If you want to open a dispute, by all means go ahead. Next time, pay a local shop to attempt making a manifold. Bashing the guy isn't doing anything either. How do you know he was going to "run" if you haven't talked to him personally? or about his paypal account if nobody here knows him personally? We all know how long things can drag out here. Look at all of the group buys that have come and passed on the forum. Seriously, I waited OVER A YEAR for my intake manifold; and that was with a fully equipped and staffed machine shop onboard. Yes, more down pipes have been received and that's good. Im sure things will work out. It's not like he is some guy that joined last month promising parts and then just leaving all of a sudden with no contact. If there is no trust, why bother using the forum to buy parts.

ehh theres a difference. You only had a deposit down w/ rich and he didn't come on here and say this is taking up too much time and then just disappear.

just giving my 2 on the situation, and quoted Antoine directly because apparently lowpro35 didn't see the other thread... what does your post have to offer?

No one asked for your 2 cents. Manifolds take a lot of time to fabricate, but you wouldn't know that since you're always balls deep in bashing people instead of making your own parts and offering REAL help to the community.

No one asked for your 2 cents. Manifolds take a lot of time to fabricate, but you wouldn't know that since you're always balls deep in bashing people instead of making your own parts and offering REAL help to the community.

who's doing the bashing again?

i was simply stating that there is something sketchy going on with "the pope" and suggested he files a claim with paypal if he wants his money back. just like the owner of this forum said, as well as other mods... but for some reason that got you butt hurt?

i didn't buy a MSP to fabricate parts for it... and i feel bad for those who did.

who's doing the bashing again?

i was simply stating that there is something sketchy going on with "the pope" and suggested he files a claim with paypal if he wants his money back. just like the owner of this forum said, as well as other mods... but for some reason that got you butt hurt?

i didn't buy a MSP to fabricate parts for it... and i feel bad for those who did.

You really needs some friends

ehh theres a difference. You only had a deposit down w/ rich and he didn't come on here and say this is taking up too much time and then just disappear.

yeah, that is true. Just realized I actually paid off the intake manifold in December. Some reason, I though I paid it off a lot earlier. But, that still left 6-7 months before receiving it. Im just trying to put out that it's not like the manifolds are sitting on a shelf. Just like the downpipes, they have to be made. It does suck that he just stopped responding to everyone on the forum. When he shipped out the first batch of downpipes,there was a gap with no contact. Then he posted with the next group of downpipes. Then another gap with no contact, then all of a sudden, downpipes were at everyone's doorstep, including mine. A pattern has developed. There was recently another gap without contact and now a few more have received their downpipes.(could it be because of paypal disputes? nobody knows, plus he says he didn't receive the paypal notifications. He could be lying due to the situation at hand. I don't know) A majority of what's left are the manifolds so they would definitely take longer than a few downpipes. Ultimately, I hope everything works out and everyone gets what they paid for and he can finally put this whole thing behind him. With that being said, good luck everyone. I know it's frustrating.

Seriously, still no update....I even said "please".

PM sent.

So I think since Pope's last update in the DP thread everyone who was waiting on their downpipe has received them and I have also received my manifold. It seems that you are the last one waiting for an actual product. Others are also waiting on the accessories for their downpipes, but that's apparently a wait due to the fabrication shop that is making the waterneck spacers. Your wait may be due to an event of similar nature, perhaps he is waiting for the flanges or something..

I don't think you should worry about kissing your money goodbye, but you probably will have to wait a bit longer for your manifold. I wish I could give you some pointers on how to reach Tom easier, but it seems that none of us can get a timely response out of him lately. I sent lots of PMs and a couple emails, and only got a response by email when he came back to update the forum the last time. Try him at tom@popeperformance.com and maybe he will get back to you sooner, but I do have faith that EVERYONE will eventually receive everything they paid for. He has completely dropped the ball in terms of contact and support and it's completely inexcusable, but I don't think he will scam any of us. He has a family and a career that takes precedence over us, and I understand that, but it's unfortunate that he has placed the forum so far on the back burner that we never ever even hear from him again....

Ok, thanks for all the input everyone. At this point I just want that damn manifold! Haha. I'll try emailing him and see what happens. Hopefully the world doesn't end next month and I get the manifold sooner than later.

Back