*GI* Kartboy shifter with bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really considering this buy. The only question is regarding the install and it's compatibility with the heat shield. Does it require the heat shield to be bent?

Thanks,

I am really considering this buy. The only question is regarding the install and it's compatibility with the heat shield. Does it require the heat shield to be bent?

Thanks,

Mine rattled against the heat shield. So you could bend the heat shield or use some flat washers as spacers and lower the heat shield. I simply removed my heat shield when I installed my shifter back in 2004. I live in AZ with 115+ summer temperature and haven't had any issues with the heat shield gone.

I just used two flat washers on each side in the front (you'll know what I'm talking about) and it doesn't rattle at all. I Highly suggest getting this. It's awesome.

Order sent. Thanks for a great deal! Hope to see it soon, I just picked up my '02 Protege5 from the dealership this morning and she is just dying for a short shifter.

are these the same as the corksport ones?

do you have any left for protege/p5?
These are Kartboy shifters....If your looking for a Kartboy..Thats what these are. Corksport Used to sell these too I beleive.
Now..If I am reading correctly..He should have two left...Unless hes sold them recently.
If you were smart..and you want one of these..you go to their website and order it,pay for it, and enjoy it when it arrives

These are Kartboy shifters....If your looking for a Kartboy..Thats what these are. Corksport Used to sell these too I beleive.
Now..If I am reading correctly..He should have two left...Unless hes sold them recently.
If you were smart..and you want one of these..you go to their website and order it,pay for it, and enjoy it when it arrives

kartboy's site?

They both have the same thread pattern. Just the MP3 is different.

So a Mazdaspeed shift knob WILL fit on the Kartboy short shifter?

{crossing fingers} oh please oh please oh please...

So a Mazdaspeed shift knob WILL fit on the Kartboy short shifter?

{crossing fingers} oh please oh please oh please...

I did a little reading for you dood, and I think you might be out of luck...check out the official shift knob thread...there's a discussion of this on there, but it appears that the MSP knob doesn't fit Kartboys...I hope somthing works out for you!

Here's the break down:

The MSP/P5/Sedan all have the same thread. The MP3 is the only one with a different thread.

The MSP knob does not fit the P5 or Sedan shifters because the knob's thread is very deep in the hole. The bottom of the knob hits the shifters "lip" before the thread is latched on.

Believe me...I tried lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back