GI: CP-e Dashhawk Mount (defrost vent) pod for 6/MS6

any progress on this yet Steve? How many more people do we need?

The magic # was 50, and we're slowing picking up steam. Seems that there's a lot of interest on here and on 6club, but not so much on MSF and 6crew. If we can get 50, we can hopefully move forward.

alright. now i am unsure if i would like to be included in the interest as i want to put an af gauge there lol.

I had always been told that AF gauges were rather pointless unless you are using a wideband o2 sensor?

The magic # was 50, and we're slowing picking up steam. Seems that there's a lot of interest on here and on 6club, but not so much on MSF and 6crew. If we can get 50, we can hopefully move forward.

Hell, I'll buy 2 if it helps us get there and sell the other one on Ebay!!

ok.. the dashhawk has no real useable live data anyway(turbo etc..) so im not really looking at it while im driving.. im currently running mine in my ashtray and it has velcro so a can easily move it up to the top storage comp.. for better line of sight.. but i usually dont watch this thing anyways..too busy shifting and keeping an eye out for cops..so i just read the sixty times after..

ok.. the dashhawk has no real useable live data anyway(turbo etc..) so im not really looking at it while im driving.. im currently running mine in my ashtray and it has velcro so a can easily move it up to the top storage comp.. for better line of sight.. but i usually dont watch this thing anyways..too busy shifting and keeping an eye out for cops..so i just read the sixty times after..

Seriously??
The dashhawk has multiple live data parameters to monitor???
knock retard is a very important one on these cars, for example.

Just did a quick tally across the forums, we've got 50 interested people. I'm hoping we can get this processed now.

I still suggest signing up on the list. In the event any sort of GB comes out of this, you've got your name on there.

I'm in!

1. tunersteve
2. Boostedspd6
3. Evolved
4. Ms6zoomzoom
5. Vrspeedemon
6. Mglavina
7. Mn3kgtvr4
8. Dandydaniel
9. Suspect987
10. Dookie
11. Txspeed6
12. Pmh67
13. Mistersix
14. Boost2dms6
15. Mush
16. Zuzoom
17. 04gixx6
18. Pakman6
19. mysleeper6
20. jaymangrum
21. keymaster
22. zinger002
23. Turn in Concepts

Josh e-mailed me back about it, they're at a show and won't be back til this week. I'm hoping to call and chat with him on the idea and see what he has to say about it.

Well since you said the total hit 50+ by now...
Not sure what "list" i been included on so far... on 6crew/MOCC... and you can add me on this list if you want? lol

can't wait to hear if they actually start production for these!

I'm pretty sure you're on the 6crew list.

I got an email back from Josh, I'm going to give him a call tomorrow to discuss this and what we need to move it forward, keep an eye here for updates.

yay!!!!
Big thanks to Steve for doing the legwork on this!!!

Thank me when we get this thing produced! LOL. I'm really hoping for the best, and I have a few questions for Josh. If anyone else wants me to ask him something, post in here or PM me.

Seriously??
The dashhawk has multiple live data parameters to monitor???
knock retard is a very important one on these cars, for example.

on mine.. im having issues, it wont read too many things live.. i can get fuel pressure.. but, not on the 4/6 part display.. only as 2 part?? so im limited to having 2 live parameters at a time?? any answers??

Tell them to market these as GPS holders as well...that should help boost sales and better their investment, thus increasing the liklihood of these being produce.

Last edited:
Update!:

Talked with Josh over the phone today. We definitely got some ideas and this looks like it will move forward for review within CP-e. It looks like after some pending products (which I can't mention) that this will be up for discussion for a spring-summer '10 design. He asked me to provide some sketches and ideas for where the mount would go. Also, to gain more leverage, the possibility of a single gauge pod in the same area would help us (similar to Ben's pod). Another point of interest is that the cost will most likely (strictly an estimate, based on similar material costs, mold, etc.) would be on par with the 3/MS3 pod.

I'm going to put together a folder with some pictures of the single gauge pod and the location, as well as any sketches of what the product may look like for him, so that they can use the info to review when the time comes to make a decision.

Also, if this does get the green light, we will more than likely do some sort of deposit on the tooling to guarantee that the interest is still there.

Stay tuned, I doubt we'll hear anything back until after the new year, but things are looking promising.

summer/spring 2010?
argh, im not a patient man, lol. Oh well, first mod of 2010 i was gonna purchase a DH, but a vent mod location will ahve to wait i suppose. jimmyrig setup here i come!

summer/spring 2010?
argh, im not a patient man, lol. Oh well, first mod of 2010 i was gonna purchase a DH, but a vent mod location will ahve to wait i suppose. jimmyrig setup here i come!

They've got to clear some product space with a few things they're working on before they can tackle this, but the interest definitely paid off. No worries.

Back