GI: 505 Intake Manifold Round 3

There's no replacement for displacement... so a well built FS-DE will flow more than a BP-T and be as much reliable.

Interesting? Which motor can spin more RPMs (undersquare/oversquare) and truly push more air thorough it with out comping apart VS. a practical/usable power band utilizing this intake? That is under a NA or FA setting in a RWD application, of course.

Something youd have to talk to Ice88 about. Hes putting his high comp engine from his P5 in a Miata.

I dig it. Yes I can definitely flip the plenum for that. I can even do a full one-off if he needs the TB entry to be different for whatever piping route he comes up with.

Hes putting his high comp engine from his P5 in a Miata.

Almost missed this... just as a heads up, this has still never been tested on a NA motor, and wasn't designed for it. If he needs more flow it will definitely provide that, but without real world testing I just can't make any guarantees about what it's going to do without FI on the lower/mid range.

pretty sure iracemine has a V2 mani on his NA race P5 and has noticeable gains

pretty sure iracemine has a V2 mani on his NA race P5 and has noticeable gains

Interesting. Checking out his thread seemed vaguely familiar, but I think that's because I saw it back before he even talked about doing the swap. Very cool. That setup is really sick though, and I think those cams played a big part on him getting power from my manifold. I doubt many NA setups out there can pull like that.

well its a no brainer if youre commited to a high power NA build, youll do all the normal mods like cams, valves, head work, higher compression, better flow both intake and exhaust to gain the power and every little bit helps when it comes to NA builds.

Back