Getting rid of Cat-back exhaust

nilsonov

This thing is annoyingly loud. To go get back to oem specs, can I just cut it off at the muffler and clamp on an OEM muffler? This would leave a wider than stock section of pipe between the muffler and the cat...shouldn't be a problem, right?

ps - if anyone wants a cheap cat back exhaust, let me know :)

Im not 100 percent sure, but usually when you have larger piping leading to the stock muffler, an annoying buzzing sound occurs. Just have heard/seen it in the past.

Which catback is it? And try throwing a silencer on it before getting rid of it if possible.

Yes, brand of exhaust will help. Also does the car have an aftermarket header? I know that the OBX will drone when matched with certain exhausts.

no clue what brand exhaust. I'll take a look tonight. Stock headers and everything else though.

Where would the silencer go? It is cheaper than $52? Thats the cost of new muffler.

if you currently don't have a resonator on it, that would be the first think I'd recommend...

exactly! add a resonator or two. if it still isnt quiet then add a ws2 style muffler(obx has one that is quiet). you can try finding a oem mazda muffler that is bigger and higher flowing (maybe from a mazda 6?)

i ran a custom 2.5 inch catback to a oem s2000 muffler on my accord(with h22a) and you couldnt hear it one bit.

Megan is one of the louder exhausts.....

Pick up a silencer, or pull it and offer trade for a local guy for his stock setup till you can source a racing Beat

Back