Genuine Mazda integrated Bluetooth!

That's pretty much the same boat I'm in, I don't regularly use sat.nav, but for the extra 200 on top of an entry level BT deck, why not?

I feel yes its $200 but its going to be done at the dealer and probably come with a better gurantee than at the local shop down the street.

Oh, gotcha.

I was at a big Mazda meet today and somebody showed me how the Bluetooth setup in the Mazdaspeed3 with the Tech Package works. Super cool. I hope with the wheel controls I can get a similar effect. On his car, both the phone's volume and the car's volume worked independently, kinda like how it'd be if you had the phone plugged into the aux jack.

The MS3 set-up works great, I miss that from my MS3. Some portable Nav have bluetooh I think, it may be an other option for some people.

Canadian prices.... easy install, bluetooth, Nav, what's not to like? The oem solution looks great but the price is pretty high for something that should have come standard with my GS/Touring package.

Last edited:
I'm having the Bluetooth installed by the dealer on a demo car with only 14,000 KM should hopefully be picking it up tomorrow

Mazda Dealer wants to charge $220 to install!!!!!!!!

Yes, they charge $220 to install but it's easy to do it yourself. Of course there's a lot of s*** you have to tear apart to get to everything and run the wires correctly, but pretty easy. So easy, in fact, that they include instructions with your kit :)

546378_10100179721698653_1027006255_n.jpg

Last edited:
I was about to buy the factory Bluetooth kit (0000-8F-P01) for my 2012 Mazda2 Touring MT, but I'm still not clear on:

- Some of the documentation implies that audio streaming (Pandora etc) plays out of the FRONT speakers ONLY? If anyone has a touring, does it play out of the front 4, including the tweeters? Or just the door speakers? Or all 6 (front and rear)?

- Did anyone ever get the steering wheel controls working? I could live without track-change controls, but I don't think I could live without volume control on the steering wheel?

Volume control for bluetooth is not on the steering wheel. All the bluetooth control buttons are mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

Yes, they charge $220 to install but it's easy to do it yourself. Of course there's a lot of s*** you have to tear apart to get to everything and run the wires correctly, but pretty easy. So easy, in fact, that they include instructions with your kit :)

546378_10100179721698653_1027006255_n.jpg

Hello Firespirit,
Thanks for the information you posted.
I've just got a mazda 2 and want to buy the genuine mazda integrated bluetooth (part #: 0000-8F-P01 ), I have some few questions for you:
1. What's included in the box, does the mic cover that you showed in a picture came? You had to make a hole in the roof cover?
2. If you are listening to radio and somebody calls you, does it automatically interrupts the music and attend the call?

Regards,

And you do have to cut a hole in the roof lining; a template is included in the instructions, as are exact measurements for location.

Just bought a Mazda 2 Sport last week, and ran across this thread.

So, this works well for answering calls (not too concerned about streaming music), but any calls dialed have to be done on the phone, correct?

Just bought a Mazda 2 Sport last week, and ran across this thread.

So, this works well for answering calls (not too concerned about streaming music), but any calls dialed have to be done on the phone, correct?

If your phone has some sort of speech function for dialing built in, then it can work. For instance, on my Android phone when I push the button I can say "Dial ...." and then a contact name or a phone number.

One more question... when a call is received what, if any, info appears on the radio display? BigBlueDart mentioned earlier in the thread that contacts were not downloaded, so is at least the phone number of the caller displayed?

No, the one that I had installed doesn't display anything. In fact, it's separate from the radio - the audio is simply patched in and it switches to the BT system when a call comes in or when you press the button.

Back