Genuine Mazda 2014-2016 CX-5 Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and HomeLink

rickypicky

:
2016 Touring AWD CX-5
One of the features I miss from my 2002 Honda Odyssey is HomeLink which I used to open and close my garage door.

I was thinking of buying the 'Genuine Mazda 2014-2016 CX-5 Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror with Compass and HomeLink' for my new 2016 Touring AWD CX-5.

Anybody done this? Is the installation difficult? Is it battery powered or is there some wiring involved? Does it need to be dealer installed?

It needs wiring.
I have installed an aftermarket one(Gentex brand, which could be the factory as well).

Just basically involves swapping out mirrors and running wire under leading edge of headliner to driver side A pillar, the cover of which has to come off to expose electrical connector which is pre-wired. Only tricky part (from what I've read) is getting the cover off without breaking the retainer clips. BTW, there are lots of online discount sources for this mirror. Don't buy from your dealer unless they'll match internet pricing.

I just did this swap on my 2014 GT. It was very easy. Installation instruction are good. The only tricky part I had was the plastic clip on the A-pillar that holds the wires. I kept trying to remove it without damaging it. They give you a new one in the installation kit, so after about 10 minutes I just snapped the old one off and used the new one. The rest was smooth sailing.

Back