Gauging Interest - Mazda 3 Rear Trunk Spoiler

ravspec

We got a hold of the factory that produced this carbon fiber trunk spoiler for the Mazda 3 Sedan. Want to see how many people are interested ?

Any one ?

RavSpec.

mazda3trunklip.jpg

thats all they have for carbon fiber?
it would look so out of place....

Hmmm

Zach GSR said:
Carbon Fiber is paintable people.

I thought the whole appeal, although I don't get it, of carbon fiber was to show it of and have people go 'Ooooh.. it's carbon fiber.' Nobody will know it is if it's painted.

carbon fiber is lighter, although isn't the stock spoiler made out of plastic? then again weight only matters in racing.

i want that coupled with a cf lip kit. that would be AUTOMOBILE SEX! maybe a cf hood too

I personally wouldn't want this CF lip on my car unless I had other CF additions to match it, like tphskab, mentioned to me yesterday he is getting that to match other CF things on his car. I know CF can be painted.. Plus, why would you get a CF spoiler and paint it? It's a lip, its not like it weighs 50 pounds.

I'd be interested just for the fact it's cheap as hell (atleast from what i saw on ebay) i have a black car so it'll look okay in CF and if not, paint it.

but for the price, i hope it fits nice.

Aren't the OEM equivilents made of urethane? if so, then they'd weigh more, but were talking onces, not lbs. moot anyway, but i'm bored...as a race car would not have a lip spoiler anyway, let alone a CF lip spoiler (dunno)

Solo2Protege said:
not lbs. moot anyway, but i'm bored...as a race car would not have a lip spoiler anyway, let alone a CF lip spoiler (dunno)

What do you mean we aren't talking about pounds? We are in the US, it's pounds. haha Anyways, looks to me like Nascars DEFINATELY have a lip spoiler on them... look:

nascar.jpg

BoostThat3 said:
What do you mean we aren't talking about pounds? We are in the US, it's pounds. haha Anyways, looks to me like Nascars DEFINATELY have a lip spoiler on them... look:

nascar.jpg
he is just saying that with a piece this small the different will be so minimal it will be measured in ounces.

this thread really needs more attention! I think a lot of people would get this product but nobody is speaking up! If nobody speaks up we probably wont get this part! and i know that I definately want one

im not really sure what you are saying. I think this does mount very similar to that but its hard to tell without seeing a mounted picture

tphskab said:
im not really sure what you are saying. I think this does mount very similar to that but its hard to tell without seeing a mounted picture

What i'm saying is we need spoilers like the one i posted, but are more readily available.

Atoy are from the phillipines and is hard to organise shipping with.

BoostThat3 said:

nascar.jpg

lol...ya i meant the difference would not even equal a pound.

and those are not really lip spoilers, but highly engineered aerodynamic downforce inducers :) Even an 1/8" of an inch in change on those will alter the handling. Not to mention they do travel a little over 200mph...a shade more than our little MZ3 monsters ;)

Back