Gas prices analyst expect $4+ mark for regular

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
I was watching Headline news according to financial analyst this summer is going to be the highest for crued oil prices. Eastimates are said to pass the $4 mark for unleaded regular gas.

I cannot imagine paying somewhere around $6 or higher for premium I will go brokie broke. Now before I get flamed on here be realistic. Are you worried about gas prices?

Heck Yeah I am worried a little!! And I don't be able to get any kinda of relief because the hubby's F150 drinks a lot of gas. So, if I park the 7, I will still be paying alot. Oh well, I will just have to tighten the purse and stop spending so much in other areas.

Besides, I knew that it would be costly to fill it anyway. If I wanted a cheaper fill-up, I should have bought something else.

Last edited:
Int3grity said:
I was watching Headline news according to financial analyst this summer is going to be the highest for crued oil prices. Eastimates are said to pass the $4 mark for unleaded regular gas.

I cannot imagine paying somewhere around $6 or higher for premium I will go brokie broke. Now before I get flamed on here be realistic. Are you worried about gas prices?

There are too many variables for anyone to accurately gauge. Economists and financial analysts alike. Do I think gas will eventually hit $4 a gallon? Most certainly. I don't see it this summer though. I had actually seen a conflicting report saying that fuel prices will be on average 2 cents (whoopie!) cheaper this summer than last summer. It's like predicting the weather.

SwampAss said:
There are too many variables for anyone to accurately gauge. Economists and financial analysts alike. Do I think gas will eventually hit $4 a gallon? Most certainly. I don't see it this summer though. I had actually seen a conflicting report saying that fuel prices will be on average 2 cents (whoopie!) cheaper this summer than last summer. It's like predicting the weather.
(werd)

So many variables...(nailbyt)

Yep. Gas just went up $.13 cents here last night. It has now gone up a total of $1.03 in the last four weeks. Premium here is now $3.19 a gallon.

For me, I average a fill up at about 16.5 gallons. That makes a tank here $52.79. I'm averaging around 12.5 to 14.0 miles per gallon. I do *NOT* have a lead foot and I drive very conservatively to and from work (20 miles each day and perhaps 10 miles total on the weekend). I'm getting around 222 to 248 miles per 16.5 gallons of gas. I have to fill up about every week and a half.

So really this car is costing me now in gasoline, roughly $130 a month to drive.

My 320 horsepower 350 torque 2.5 turbo Legacy GT (modified from stock) was averaging 23 miles per gallon.

I just bought a CX9, which has a 20 gallon tank but can run on regular gasoline. My wife is getting 14.5 to 16.0 miles per gallon on that V6.

These are very expensive cars to drive right now because of gas costs. When my leases are up in two years, I will be thinking very hard about gasoline costs - considering in 2 years, costs will probably be over $4.00 a gallon.

I wish I had known about the 12.5 to 14.0 MPG on the CX7 *before* I bought it. I really would have shopped around further.

if you have the auto climate control, turning off the AC made a difference for me. And using Auto instead of manual. I was short shifting it becuase I thought i needed to keep the revs down, but using Auto seems to be more fuel efficient.

got a 1-2 mpg bump.

Int3grity said:

Yeah right - awerage bloke in UK pays like $6,80 for gallon :eek:

Dalton said:
Yeah right - awerage bloke in UK pays like $6,80 for gallon :eek:

I was going to meantion that too. I was sooo thankful that we got our petrol on the bases when I was in the UK (and we were still paying $2.10 a gallon). Gas in the states was $1.50. If I remember correctly petrol was running $4 to the gallon (after the conversion liter to gallon conversion).

Last edited:
Luckily I will be taking public transit all summer, courtesy of my student transit pass!

Gas here in Vancouver is already close to $5/gal, which is over $4 USD/gal.

clicknext said:
Luckily I will be taking public transit all summer, courtesy of my student transit pass!

Gas here in Vancouver is already close to $5/gal, which is over $4 USD/gal.

I saw it for $1.18/L not too long ago when I was on my way home from UBC. Will be biking to work this summer... as soon as I go out and buy a bike. :)

From what I've seen, fuel prices have been continually rising uninhibited. I hear it all though, some saying it will skyrocket while others predict a major drop. As was mentioned, it's like weather prediction... Where even educated insight is limited.

at $4/gallon it's still cheaper than what they pay in Europe... so I wouldn't complain.

Int3grity said:

I'm not worried. The price delta between regular and premium has stayed relatively constant. Regardless of whether regular was $1.50 or 3.50, premium (93) has been like 20-30 cents more per gallon. Therefore if the price of regular creeps to the $4.00 mark, I'd expect premium to be $4.25-4.35.

I'm not worried about it...why?...because what's the point. I need it to survive like everyone else. I'll just have to re-arrange finances.

offset_98 said:
I'm not worried about it...why?...because what's the point. I need it to survive like everyone else. I'll just have to re-arrange finances.

Bingo.(yes)

1killercls said:
Bingo.(yes)

Thats the point...big capitalists are getting richer with your needs....and you people dont worry about?

When food prices start to skyrocket, you may pay attention...

The addition of biofuels to the market my have a positive impact on petrol-fuels. A relax in demand, caused by some switching to biofuels, should have a corresponding decrease in prices. However, with the addition of ethanol to standard US gasoline in many markets, most are seeing a somewhat stable gas price, but decreasing MPG, due to the fact that ethanol has a lower energy density. For the moment, its up in the air, but think.

When was the last time you WEREN'T getting ****** by this stuff?

igdrasil said:
Thats the point...big capitalists are getting richer with your needs....and you people dont worry about?

When food prices start to skyrocket, you may pay attention...

are you suggesting "Socialized Gas"?

I don't worry about gas prices much because I don't need it. If the prices went way high, I'd just ride my bike more often.. the only time I need gas is the 6-8 months out of the year where it's not plausible to ride a bike in Rochester. If I lived down south, I wouldn't ever have to buy a daily driver car.. just my modded car and a mountain bike :)

Back