gas pedal feels heavy to push

CX_9

Hi,

I have 2012 CX-9 but we noticed the gas pedal feels heavy to push and the car feel heavier comparing to the our dodge caravan due to light gas pedal on the dodge ..
any idea? is that normal ?

the 9 has electronic drive by wire throttle compared to your caravan probably having a physical direct spring loaded throttle connection to the gas pedal. By contrast the 9 will probably feel numb compared to the caravan at first but over a short time you will get used to it.

I'm assuming CX_9 is referring the the actual amount of physical effort required to depress the accelerator pedal. Yes, I too have noticed that it take a bit more strength to step on the gas versus the Acuras and Toyota I have owned. But I also feel that it's a bit more precise due to the higher effort. Like Veilside1 said, it's DBW like all new cars nowadays so there is zero connection to the throttle body via a cable like the old days. There's just a sensor at the pedal. The effort is related to the return spring mechanism. It's possible that Dodge chooses springs with less resistance or that the springs might have loosened up with age. Either way, I have not found the pedal on the 9 to be an issue.

I'm assuming CX_9 is referring the the actual amount of physical effort required to depress the accelerator pedal. Yes, I too have noticed that it take a bit more strength to step on the gas versus the Acuras and Toyota I have owned. But I also feel that it's a bit more precise due to the higher effort. Like Veilside1 said, it's DBW like all new cars nowadays so there is zero connection to the throttle body via a cable like the old days. There's just a sensor at the pedal. The effort is related to the return spring mechanism. It's possible that Dodge chooses springs with less resistance or that the springs might have loosened up with age. Either way, I have not found the pedal on the 9 to be an issue.

I like a heavier pedal(IE harder to push down). I actually would love to make it require more push to depress the pedal. Anyone know if that is possible here?

Back