gas mileage post flash

My mileage went up 1-2 mpg after the flash. Before, I was getting 26 to 27 mpg, after the flash I'm getting 27 to 28 mpg. Last tank I got 28.98 mpg. This is a 24 mile commute through town, so it's some stop and go and some highway 60 mph driving. I'm happy! :D

I am getting 27 mpg in mixed city/hwy rush hour driving post-flash. This is an average over 4 tanks. I attribute my increase in mpg to adding more miles to the car. I'm now up to a whole 1650.

I know in my old car the mileage would decrease when they started pumping the reformulated winter gas. Maybe that's what is causing a decrease for some of you?

used to get about 450-475 around town

now, I'm getting 400-425 kms.

Same thing happened with the mp3 at about the same mileage.

Interesting hey.

I know in my old car the mileage would decrease when they started pumping the reformulated winter gas. Maybe that's what is causing a decrease for some of you?
That's what I was thinking too...Oxygenated gas sucks ass....I personally don't see how it reduces emissions if you have to burn more of it! **** whoever decides it's better for the environment!!!!

24-26 city, 30-32 highway post flash. Pre flash was within 1 mpg of this for highway... however, city went up about 2 mpg.

u can tell them to call mazdausa about the flash and they will tell them over the fone wat to do

I just got my MSP over the weekend.... can someone explain to me this whole flash concept and should I call my service department to have it done?

Inspekdah said:
I just got my MSP over the weekend.... can someone explain to me this whole flash concept and should I call my service department to have it done?

yea i just got mine to.... and i dont really know alot
about the flash but want to do it. i told my dealer
and i think he was like:wtf: is he talkin about so
HELPPPPPP please!!!!!!!

I noticed that my Kms per tank has fallen slightly. Maybe 20-30 per tank. I havent bothered to calculate the actual milage.

Crap I dont have the flash yet and I am only getting about 400km per tank :rolleyes: I was hoping the flash was going to get me better mileage :mad:

I keep saying that I am going to drive like a normal person and see if I can get good gas mileage but I can't drive for more than 50k and then I got to stomp on it again :D

If someone ever has the willpower to do it let us know what the car can actually do.

tekkie said:
Crap I dont have the flash yet and I am only getting about 400km per tank :rolleyes: I was hoping the flash was going to get me better mileage :mad:

I keep saying that I am going to drive like a normal person and see if I can get good gas mileage but I can't drive for more than 50k and then I got to stomp on it again :D

If someone ever has the willpower to do it let us know what the car can actually do.

You must drive like a madman! When do you fill up? I wait until the gas light comes on. I'm getting about 600 per tank (no flash yet).

tekkie said:

I shifted under 3000; I didn't get through a full tank, I had 1/4 left, but I filled up and calculated the MPG, I got 27 in the City; so that's about 400 miles city driving; that's damn good for 14.5 gallons.

BTW; it was hard as hell driving like that!

Back