Gas Light

MTV

:
2002 Proteg 5
My low gas light has been on for 2 days now...

How much longer can I last?? How far can I travel without running out??

What's the longest YOU have lasted?

Matt

i'd fill up ASAP due to the fact if and watever ur fuel filter misses will and may Fing something up by sucking some junk thru the line even may cause a clog...my 2cent

it also isn't good for the fuel pump to run it low / out...

Hey, you have to understand that those of us with a limited income (friggin poor) NEED TO KNOW how much gas we have when that light turns on. I think it's like 1.8gal.

Flagship said:
Hey, you have to understand that those of us with a limited income (friggin poor) NEED TO KNOW how much gas we have when that light turns on. I think it's like 1.8gal.

HAHA!! So true. SO what's the verdict?? How long can I last?

Matt

Flagship said:
For my car, it's at least 2 gal. I once drove 60 miles with that light on, and I never get more than 28mpg.

keep in mind that your gas keeps your pump cool. The less fuel you have the chances of your fuel pump getting to warm. I'm not saying that it will kill the pump but it shortens the life when you run out of fuel. Just thought i'd throw that out thier.

Is that really true? I don't think an electric pump gets that hot. How many small electric motors do you know of that need liquid cooling?

Brian MP5T said:
This is a stupid thread.

Go fill up your car you cheap lazy boob!

-_- It's not stupid as I was wondering the same thing, It's always nice to know especially when your on road trips or just out somewhere, so no, it is not stupid.

If you're so poor, then why are you driving a nice car? Or is that what did it? Gas is a few bucks, go get some.

tommyv2 said:
If you're so poor, then why are you driving a nice car? Or is that what did it? Gas is a few bucks, go get some.

All my money is going into my mods!!

Brian MP5T said:
This is a stupid thread.

Go fill up your car you cheap lazy boob!

(fu)

MTV said:
All my money is going into my mods!!

(fu)

Don't let these fools get to you. You're good if you're not below the E. Your needle will drop about 2mm below the "death" line before you're out. When I'm really hard up, that is, I spent all my money on the new Valentine 1, I have to let it get that low and I've never run out of gas.

"An empty gas tank is a thing of beauty" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

It depends on the season.

When the light comes on for me and I fill right away, I fill b/w 45 to 48 litres (out of a 55 litre tank).

Assuming an average of 10 litres/100 km, I estimate that I have about 100 km of range left (if I can make it that far) when the light comes on.

I don't let it run low intentionally.

MTV said:

Wow. you are EXACTLY THE SAME as another member here from montreal, (Snooky)

Cheap and awesome at starting threads.

I can mail you $20.00 and a can of Spam.

lol this thread is assanine...this has already been covered as usual and you need make some things priority before buy stuff you really dont need to buy for your car, take care of important things like bills, gas, cause gas is what gets you to work to make $

Brian MP5T said:
Wow. you are EXACTLY THE SAME as another member here from montreal, (Snooky)

Cheap and awesome at starting threads.

I can mail you $20.00 and a can of Spam.

Don't take it so seriously. It's all jokes....

Back