Garrett GT2860RS for sale used only 4K miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jspeed17

:
2003.5 MSP Titanium Gray
Selling this here "Disco Potato" .86 A/R exhaust, used 4,000 miles....PRICE DROP $600 FIRM shipped in U.S.

*this turbo will bolt up to stock manifold or equivalent
*like new condition 4,000 miles on it--no shaft play
*no wastegate actuator or bracket

Specs can be found here http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/sites/default/files/default_images/turbogroup/catalog_pdf/GT2860RS_739548_1.pdf

*PM me to shoot me some reasonable offers
*paypal preferred, will meet halfway if in or around CT!

If you have any more questions or you'd like to see any more pics PM me. Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Any problems with it ? Y are you selling it

Nothing at all wrong with it, i actually bought 2 identical turbos from a guy who ran twins on a built porsche...he got bored with it and i got both turbos....i'm going to be running the other one--they're both in perfect shape

Last edited:
If only it was a .64 A/R...

The way i figured in buying my turbo is, where I live:

* i don't auto-x
* i don't race from light to light
* i can't really get on the throttle hard on side streets even with my stock turbo
* but i sure as hell can step on it getting on the highway--where the .86 A/R will put down more top end power.

so it's all in what the buyer likes i guess

That actually describes my driving style as well. I might consider it now that you've put it that way.. gimme some time to ponder over it.

I do have another question tho. Why the oil restrictor? I thought all dual-BB Garrett turbos were internally restricted. And what's up with the scrapes and scuffs on the compressor housing?

Last edited:
Lol for some reason the flash on my phone really brought out the scuff marks-they seem to be some de-burring marks from smoothing out the casting....in person it looks much less obvious

As for the oil restrictor, they come in different sizes so i will remove the one the previous owner used, i will also be using one, check this out:
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/faq

-i might also add JDM Sam at "xxxxxxxxxauto.com" sells his GT install kits for MSP's with oil restrictors

So. I'm borred and worked and just looking around for a new turbo and I was gonna try to get a t3, but I just got a new manifold and it's more money than I'm looking to go for a whole new setup... So point being, anyone know the top end boost limit for this one with this A/R? Any different than the other one? Or is it still around.. What 20? Or 25 or something, looking for 22psi about in the end, and was still trying to keep that low end power for the most part, but don't need that craziness of the stock that spools by like 2.5k lol

Also.. Without the wastegate and bracket, I'm guessing it just was taken off? Or you just gonna get one on there for yours.. (Excuse my ignorance, I'm kinda rusty on the car stuff, haven't done much modding in the last 2 years.. Besides the involuntary engine rebuild and LSD upgrade lol)

So if the install isn't too much extra I'm interested and love in brookfield so it's close

Oh and I'll just add this if anyone has an idea of tr A/R difference, and I've read a lot before and had wanted the .64 for a while, but I do like to get on it in 2nd, and if it can spool to around 10psi or so pretty quickly by 3-3.5k rpm, that's good with me ��

This turbo in .86 A/R has the potential for 360hp, i'm sure it can push 18-20psi pretty efficiently, and spool pretty quickly since it's ball bearing, but not sure what max boost could be--over 22psi i would imagine. It is a t25 flange so it'll bolt to stock exh mani or stock upgrade. In my research it seems any GT style turbo upgrade you need to buy the "modified" wastegate actuator bracket since the compressor housing is bigger, and transfer over stock actuator --i'll be doing my install soon using this same turbo so i can tell you exactly what i needed to complete the job if you'd like? Also since you have an Injen CAI, it'll have to be modified/cut and add a transition coupler of 3"-2.75" to accomodate for the 3" intake opening on the turbo.

I believe from the you-tube vids, i've seen 505Zoom running this A/R

Last edited:
my birthday is soon so I will throw around the idea of getting the Haltech or the turbo, but I will let you know if I decide to go with the turbo way, thanks, if it was .64 i'd be all over it
-max

I'm really not sure what everyone's so afraid of with .86a/r....it just spools a little later, but makes more top end power. If you think about it, it'll be less shock/stress on our crappy transmissions

Update:
I've installed this turbo on my MSP, and WOW. It spools much quicker than people think, drivability is superb. I have no regrets on getting the .86 a/r. My car pulls very hard all the way to redline now instead of running out of breath like the stock t25.
Also If anyone needs install advice or parts list I can help.

what rpm does this thing come into boost at and what downpipe/exhaust are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back