Garage door hit my car!

ILMP5

Contributor
Last weekend, my garage door spring on the garage that I am renting through my apartment complex came loose and hit my parked car! Argggggg! Now I have dents on my left front "A" pillar, chip on my windshield, and scratches on my front fender. I can't believe it! Thought I'd vent out a bit here :mad: Thanks!

sucks, any way to hold the complex liable, and get some repairs out of them? was it a faulty spring, maybe contact the manufacturer(good luck with that) sux thou!

that totally sux...i feel for you...a couple weeks ago somebody shot something through my windshield...oh the pain...did you actually see it happen?? yeah definitely try to hold the apartment complext liable...

I didn't see it actually happen, the spring broke during the night or sometime then. I got my apartment's insurance to cover for the repairs. Hopefully they give me enough for the repairs! Thanks guys!

sundevilMP5 said:
that totally sux...i feel for you...a couple weeks ago somebody shot something through my windshield...oh the pain...did you actually see it happen?? yeah definitely try to hold the apartment complext liable...

talk about something shooting THROUGH your windshield...did you see the thread about my "buzzard" problem? LOL

man ilmp5 that really sucks...and your apartment complex should be paying for the entire repair...no matter what it cost....its THEIR building....THEIR responsibility.....don't give them any slack.

I agree that this is something that is the fault of the building....you definitely should not have to pay for something that wasn't at all your fault.

Sorry to hear... that really sucks. You're building should definately pay for the full amount of the repair. Why should you have to go into your own pocket to pay for something that shouldn't have happened to you at all? Don't let them get away with that!

well I finally resolved this issue with the complex, they will be paying 100% of my repairs and supply me with a rental car when my car is getting fixed.

thought i'd keep you guys informed. :)

That's good to hear. I was afraid that they would've said tough luck. I saw your damage over the weekend, and that's not the way for any Protege. You've put a lot into your car, and I'm impressed. I'm glad your apt complex is coughing up something nicer for you and also not claiming that it's vandalism.

my rides gonna get fixed this wed.. only takes a day and a half the magic of paintless dent repair!

Glad to hear it is all working out. That has to be everyone's worst nightmare that lives in a condo/apartment complex . . . I get paranoid everytime I go under it!

M

I got my car back today! It only took those dent guys half a day to fix. It looks like its never been hit! whopeeee!:D

Back