Game: Where does it go?!

:
03.5 msp titanium
ALMOST done with my build.. been on blocks almost 2 years now and I am down to the last few little things, Im hoping to fire it up for the first time within the week!!

Was hoping yall could help me find where these stray pieces went to.. couldnt remember everything, let me know WHERE THEY GO!!!!!

20130728_094344.jpg
first one here is the oil line to the turbo, but where does the 'T' / solenoid sit/connect to??

20130728_094402.jpg
Heres coolant line to turbo (i think), but dont know where that damn banjo and U shaped hose connects to...

20130728_094424.jpg
Heres a solenoid that was on/near intake manifold.. I know where the two damn air hoses connect to but cant find its mounting location or the damn wire&plug that connects to it.. maybe was on a piece i removed?!?

Ive got one hose connection coming from off the bottom of the throttle body.. cant figure out if its air or water.. + its destination

And last i think is a hose connection coming from the side of the oil cooler.. maybe they go together but i want to be damn sure

any help is greatly appreciated.. been balls deep in this for a long time and these last few tiny things are killing me

My perrin fuel rail also has a few twirks to it that doesnt completly enable it to match up as in the installation instructions.. howd yall do it??

Attachments

• 20130728_094457.jpg
    20130728_094457.jpg
    851.5 KB · Views: 850
  • 20130728_094511.jpg
    20130728_094511.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 833
Last edited:
The first one is the turbo oil feed and oil pressure sensor. It connects to a port on the back of the block, almost right in the middle towards the top.

The second is a coolant line to the turbo. It attaches to a port on the block right next to the oil filter/cooler. The U-shaped hose attaches to the oil cooler.

The third (I believe) is a vacuum source/solenoid for the evap canister. IIRC, the short hose attaches to the intake mani or throttle body, and the longer hose runs to the evap canister (black cylinder about the size of a large can of soup attached to the firewall)

If you're still running into trouble, let me know and I can try to dig up some of the reference pics from when I was rebuilding my motor. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's always a good idea to take a photos from every angle, at multiple stages of dissassembly, and label every hose, wire, and plug that you unhook along the way!

yeah, everything was labeled and plugged and took alot of pictures.. but it has been 2 years and the marks on the tape have worn and there are just tons of plugs/hoses/wires/sensors/cables.. hard to keep track of.. that and you never know what you need to take pictures of cause you never know what will give you problems.. you always just manage to not take a picture of what you truly need lol..

I was talking with my boss and he and i are in agreement to just get aftermarket fuel pressure regulator/ inline fuel pulsation damper.. im looking into it now, anyone run aftermarkets for these? (ive got a perrin fuel rail)

Heres two more for yall..

20130728_134208.jpg
first looks like a temp sensor or something.. goes somewhere near the throttle body but cant find exact spot.. anyone??

20130728_134249.jpg
Next is valve cover air circ hose.. 3/8" hose i think.. but where the heck does it go to? to intake mani?? doesnt it spray light bits of oil?/top engine air?? :X

ready go!

Heres two more for yall..

View attachment 203683
first looks like a temp sensor or something.. goes somewhere near the throttle body but cant find exact spot.. anyone??

View attachment 203684
Next is valve cover air circ hose.. 3/8" hose i think.. but where the heck does it go to? to intake mani?? doesnt it spray light bits of oil?/top engine air?? :X

ready go!

1. knock sensor, above the oil filter, center of the block close to the cylinder head.

2. Crankcase breather hose, connect to the intake pre-turbo or hide it/stick one of those tiny air filters on it

^^^Yep.

Just FYI, the knock sensor hole and oil feed ports have similar threading (but not identical) and are near each other. The knock sensor threads into a blind hole, while the oil line port (obviously) leads to the oil galley. Don't want to accidentally mix those up!

the vaccume solenoid that's in the 3rd picture used to have a metal flange attached to that stud sticking out of it, and the flange would slide into a slot on the stock intake tube just before the throttle body. When i removed that part for my crappy cold air intake, i moved that piece here:0619131827b.jpg
attachment.php

There's something on top of the intake manifold that's got two bolts...uhhh... bolted into it. I just put this simple bracket i made from an old cruise control bracket (it's just something with a 90 degree bend and a twist) under one of those bolts and put the vaccume solenoid on my bracket.

I don't know if it's important... but i thought i saw that when moving that solenoid it's best to keep it pointed at least somewhat right side up how it used to be so that it functions properly- something to think about eh?

perfect. got that one down.

how bout the last one?! small sensor thread with larger hex back and a 10-12" plug

Yeo, top is the knock sensor, bottom is the oil pressure sensor. On the MSP that's where the oil line for the turbo attaches. (very first pic you posted)

EDIT: n/m, thought you were OP looking for confirmation :)

Back