G.i. Cf Peices Direct Market/molder Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
heating it?? u don have to heat it, it stats out as a fabric, and its usually laid on a mold and ect.ect. and the fuse box with shap corners, FTL

But he could redesign the fuse box so its not as tall and make it more round. :D

heating it?? u don have to heat it, it stats out as a fabric, and its usually laid on a mold and ect.ect. and the fuse box with shap corners, FTL

But he could redesign the fuse box so its not as tall and make it more round. :D

i dont think the fusebox is that much rounded it has pretty sharp corners. im sure its doable.

we will most like start on the cf headlight housing after the roof caps are done.

then .. im thinking the p5 add on CF rear lip

how about a universal cf rear lip so I can take the map one off, I'm trying for a full carbon fiber lip kit :)

we will most like start on the cf headlight housing after the roof caps are done.

then .. im thinking the p5 add on CF rear lip
Why not make something that isn't already available. DG Motorsports already offers this so it would be kind of pointless, aside from competition to make this. The headlight housing is a neat idea and I'd like to see the end result - my only fear is that there is no way to protect the CF after it's been installed so there is no protection from long-term sun damage. I'd still really like to see some bigger parts like a CF hatch or other body panels.

carbon fenders I'd say, and also find someone to make fender braces, but dg doesn't make a rear lip, I wish they did

Why not make something that isn't already available. DG Motorsports already offers this so it would be kind of pointless, aside from competition to make this. The headlight housing is a neat idea and I'd like to see the end result - my only fear is that there is no way to protect the CF after it's been installed so there is no protection from long-term sun damage. I'd still really like to see some bigger parts like a CF hatch or other body panels.

dg motorsport do not make cf side rear add on lip for p5 . well we need to see the interest there . just like any other distributor. it wont be worth the time and effort just to make one. i know your really anal about the hatch being converted to cf version. ...lets starts a list of what type of interest we got for that then we will go from there.

since your really keen on it. you can start the list on this thread :)

.. im thinking the p5 add on CF rear lip

Are you talking about a CF lip to add on to the rear bumper or on the rear spoiler like they make for the Mazdaspeed 3's like pictured below VVV?? Either way I would be really interested in both

Spoilerlip.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by murda79
Make these please!

0207stirearapron.jpg

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

ya, thats one of the design i was gonna suggest to him , but we will prolly tweak it alittle bit.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________

looking to buy a Fully built MSP engine and transmission prefer one with
Cryo- treated components and quaife limited slip differential or similar quality.

- Hybrid j

no .. like this!

i like add on rear lip spoiler too.

dg motorsport do not make cf side rear add on lip for p5 . well we need to see the interest there . just like any other distributor. it wont be worth the time and effort just to make one. i know your really anal about the hatch being converted to cf version. ...lets starts a list of what type of interest we got for that then we will go from there.

since your really keen on it. you can start the list on this thread :)
Well what do you mean by rear lip for a P5? IIRC, there are no rear lips currently available so for one to be made it would have to be a completely new mold ($$$). Not to mention the fact a rear lip would look pretty weird without sides to go with it. I thought you were talking about that little valence piece on the rear bumper cover. Also, I'd start a list for a CF hatch but I'm almost certain I'd be the only one on it. People on these forums aren't motivated enough to jump on board something large like that.

^^^Man speaks the truth...I still am waiting to see the roof caps...why are people even talking about other things...I don't think this guy is going to want to make other things if all the people saying they want roof caps don't come through (which I am sure they won't)...just my opinion...

I like the idea of having the fuse box cover be flat across and not stick up as much. However, if he has to make it the way the stock one is, so be it. As long as it's carbon fiber. I also asked isport about making a carbon fiber batter cover.

Carbon fiber headlight housings would be siiiiiiick. Will it replace the black/gray part of the headlights?

G.I. - GROUP INTEREST LIST (just a list)

MAZDASPEED PROTEGE (MSP) / PROTEGE LIST

1. Outlawstar98
2. Concept MSP
3. neox.286
4. unknownmsp
5. Junya1985
6. Joka1
7. SwirlFX
8. Msp03.5 9. Fatti03msp
10. Franciscoesn
11. DeVic
12. OneQuikMSP

MAZDA PROTEGE5 (MP5)

1. zoomzoom510
2. 808mp5
3. reynoldsrobbie-MOCC
4. SuperProtege5
5. aznsebass
6. viral overide

^^^Man speaks the truth...I still am waiting to see the roof caps...why are people even talking about other things...I don't think this guy is going to want to make other things if all the people saying they want roof caps don't come through (which I am sure they won't)...just my opinion...

because, it seems like the thread is dead, and to hype up the other peeps.

who still havent put there name on the list . its not like this thread is the actual group buy dont be scared people.

lets demand it and show it. more CARBON FIBER PARTs and more request and ideas are great.

Well what do you mean by rear lip for a P5? IIRC, there are no rear lips currently available so for one to be made it would have to be a completely new mold ($$$). Not to mention the fact a rear lip would look pretty weird without sides to go with it. I thought you were talking about that little valence piece on the rear bumper cover. Also, I'd start a list for a CF hatch but I'm almost certain I'd be the only one on it. People on these forums aren't motivated enough to jump on board something large like that.

well if that's your attitude about it, then things maybe wont turn up the way you'd like. have more faith man. i think its the shipping cost that will kill as far as getting those out.
if someone had connection to freight cost discount or better way of shipping large and bulky quantaties. then maybe just maybe . making the part or the mold is not the problem, its the time that he has to put into it. and the actual interest. of course the shipping cost.

I like the idea of having the fuse box cover be flat across and not stick up as much. However, if he has to make it the way the stock one is, so be it. As long as it's carbon fiber. I also asked isport about making a carbon fiber batter cover.

Carbon fiber headlight housings would be siiiiiiick. Will it replace the black/gray part of the headlights?

black gray part of the headlight? i don't quite understand which black and gray part?

im talking about the silver chromed part that is up against the plastic lens. (one that people paint over to black out)

well if that's your attitude about it, then things maybe wont turn up the way you'd like. have more faith man. i think its the shipping cost that will kill as far as getting those out.
if someone had connection to freight cost discount or better way of shipping large and bulky quantaties. then maybe just maybe . making the part or the mold is not the problem, its the time that he has to put into it. and the actual interest. of course the shipping cost.
Honestly, I'd love to be optimistic but experience shows that whenever someone tries to come out with a new product for the Protege guys there is a wave of interest but in the end only like 10 people at most will commit and that is just with smaller things. To tell the truth, I would pay whatever shipping and price necessary to get a quality part. The rear hatch weighs something like 40 lbs! Switch all that out with CF and a lexan rear window and you've got some decent weight savings. I never really was a fan of CF overlays because they original intent of CF was to save weight, not add it. All that being said, I'm still subbed to this thread to see what interesting products, if any, will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back