Future cx7 owner

Darklimits

:
2007 cx7
I'm looking to purchase a used 2007 cx7 with 77-90k miles, this will be my first turbo car, what things should I look for before buying the cx7. I have been reading and know there is a turbo issue with these, what steps can I take to avoid that. I want this car to last so I will have some money left over to help avoid some of the known issues before they arise. Any advice? Thanks.

couple of things... smoky turbo, make sure you have a record either from the Mazda dealership or the owner about oil changes, check if the TSB's have been completed before purchasing, you can go to a mazda dealership with the vin and they would help you with the car's history; if they play it cool :).
Engine Mounts, make sure they are not leaking on the sides..
Brake Rotors: the OEM rotors tend to wear sooner than expected... make sure the braking is up to date.
Rust: the rear wheel well has a tendency; as in all Mazda's to rust before any other part in the body.
cosmetically make sure its not too beat up... and do take it for a test drive, rev it up to redline ( a redline a day saves a car)

Back