functional hoods

i have cash for everything....;)

engine, tranny, new hood with some diffrent paint!!!

why else would i run 21 psi on a stock motor?

i am just not going to be around for 3 mths so i havent bought anything yet

he is just talking s***........ my hood is to vent heat and pull heat from the engine while running!! if you dont think it works the sit in my car at a red light.

Vented hoods work better than aftermarket "ram air" type stuff. - Hot air rises, simply rising through the vents and out into the atmosphere.

The reason is that is takes a LOT of R and D in the windtunnels on vehicles to design a correct hood (when it comes to a scoop).

You have to take in to concideration....
Front design of the vehicle, height, engine set up (intake design, etc) and wether or not the hood will actually slow down the vehicle aerodynamically.

It is not as easy as making a big scoop on your hood.

yes, with the tmic......... i think their scoop is very well designed!

Renesis Rising said:
that makes alot of sense..so u think the r and d went into the scoops on the subarus?

Alot actually. Just look at the intake setup on that engine. That is a perfect example.(first)

get mad at mazda all u want, they ran a smic......... suby runs a tmic....... common mod to both is a fmic. so call suby an b**** as well!!! :0

This is at night, obviously, and with my phone. I will try to remember to get better pic.s. Left and right side painted along the contour line, then match up with the grill... You get the jist. Yeah, reverse cowl is the poo.

Attachments

• blue evo hood.JPG
    blue evo hood.JPG
    254.1 KB · Views: 102
Sweet, low miles and it has a nice exhaust manifold + SRI. Still with the SMIC though. Looks clean.

zverg said:
post pics of your hood, I wanna see this painted hood :)

If I can find a laser blue MSP with low mileage at the end of summer I'll be picking one up and I was just thinking how good it would look with the gemini composites hood painted.

Look at this MSP I found though http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=197377881&dealer_id=573138

It sounds like your finished about talking about the function of hood scoops and hood vents but I will still toss out what I know. I got the DGM hood used for $500 cnd. with all of the intake piping. I like the Dgm one because it will draw air from above the hood because it seals to a intake box that holds the air filter. You will get some radiant heat from the engine but you cant do much about that. I really got if for the hope that dropping some weight for autox racing might help. On a +25 day it get hot under the hood and getting some cooler air would not hurt. I heat wrapped all of my intake piping and air box to help as much as I could. DGM says its a Ram hood but that is BS!!!!! Ram air need a positive scoop and you have to be going 100mp mph + to be able to push air in. Having a hood like Joka1 works well when moving so I have been told. The reversed openings create a negative pressure under the hood when air is passed over and this in turn helps draw the air in the front grille and sucks it out the top of the hood.
<O:p</O:p
I hope you found this useful.

i found it real useful thanks man

and protoeric im not getting violent im just letting out aggresion i have towards tuning mags...theres never a protoge in these mags ever!!!

Renesis Rising said:
ok after much debating i would like to purchase the xlerated concepts one but i cant find the site for it. I was told toprotege.com but that was just another forum....please help
come down to houston sometime and you can take a look at the hood if you want.

Back