Full ECU REMAP - completed

:
CX-5, 2.2 Diesel, 2013
My local tuner has a contact in Belgium who has tuned many CX-5 Diesels and generously shared the base tuning files they developed so my tuner could load up and tweak for my local conditions , OMG night and day difference! Rocket ship now!

Last edited:
A little more info on what values were changed in remap and how it was done?

My questions are:

1: What hardware was used to connect to the ECU?
2: Was it done via the OBD port, or was the ECU removed and bench flashed?
3: What software application was used to perform the flash?

This was a specific custom tune for my Diesel

1 Looked like a Dimsort Genius was used to connect to the obd2 port ,
2 No need for ECU removal
3 What ever Dimsport use

Took whole day with lot of on-road testing and all sorts of monitoring gear to check and tailor the tune perfectly , they adjusted torque limiters, fuel pressure, Boost, and a variety of other variables to extract good safe usable power without it being smoky etc.

Was expensive but results awesome , Certainly beats those ghastly diesel tuning boxes .

When I install the Kenstyle EIK front bumper, ill have my fabricator make a giant ass intercooler for it and then have the tune tweaked again to unleash a bit more power.

Last edited:
A tune would be worthless on a 2.0 or 2.5 gas version, especially with the compression ratio on our engines. You may be able to squeeze 2-5 HP more and probably not even notice it. I've tuned over a dozen turbo cars over the years and forced induction benefits significantly more. Common knowledge in the tuner world...

A tune would be worthless on a 2.0 or 2.5 gas version, especially with the compression ratio on our engines. You may be able to squeeze 2-5 HP more and probably not even notice it. I've tuned over a dozen turbo cars over the years and forced induction benefits significantly more. Common knowledge in the tuner world...

I agree that there wouldn't be much to unleash. These engines are already making good power for their displacement. Though, I doubt they're tapped out...

We knew there was some more juice to be unleashed out of the S-D, though, after witnessing Mazda race both the Speed Source variant AND stock S-Ds in circuit racing.
It's pretty easy to unlock substantial power out of FI engines, with just a good tune/remapping of the ECU. After all, a stage 4+ tune with no other significant mods turns a Taurus SHO into a 12 second car. :D

I've had mine pro tuned by a local tuner and it goes well but most of the extra power delivery is in the low rpm range , I had our resident mazda tuner on this forum sassimac review and take my changes and analyze them, he has some great enhancemensts that were testing out , I would suggests anyone wanting to tune their 2.2l diesel chat to him as he has access to the tools and experience to make your car fly, we need some more beta testers ..​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Back