Fujita CAI Installed on the MazdaSpeed6.

acidbbg said:
You wallet will thank you....Not sure what the water block is..but if it's like this:

20-401S1.jpg
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/60000086/Images/3/20-401S1.jpg

Than it will prob hurt performance b/c it's pulling in warm air (depending on where it's mounted)

-C

NOT designed for turbo applications!!!

It's been stated b/4 that the threat from the bpv is from it breaking apart and messing up the turbo.

-C

On a scale from 1- 10 how difficult is this install for a beginner? I just bought the "Fugita" CAI and i was wondering how hard it was to do, and roughly how long it should take some one like me?

thanks guys!

i read the first post and you mentioned jacking the car up...ECU... i think i better let the pros do it, unless theres any Montralers here that wanna help out???

This install is fairly simple. I would say a 2.5 on a scale of 10. 1 being easy and 10 being exteremly difficult.

are there any threads with step by step directions, w/ pix?

Nope..Not yet..but here's a quick breakdown. Since i have done it more than 5 times and can do it under 30 minutes.

1.Pop hood, jack driver side up & remove tire:
Disconnect battery, maf wire and inter cooler cover.
Than remove stock intake hoses, filters, tubes and such.
Requires a ratchet, small sockets 8, 10, 12, plyers and phillips head screw driver.
2. Remove the fender wheel well they are all philips head plastic screws so be careful!
3. Using extensions and brute force..get you hand up and into the wheel well area to remove this lower snorkel pain in the a$$ tube. It's 2 or 3 bolts. I believe they are 12's. (I can't remember b/c i took off once and never put back on)
4. Carefully remove MAF from air box. Requires phillps head
5. Connect coupler to tube on throttle body w/ 2 clamps provided in kit.
6. Using provided screw looking thing with some rubber..There is a small screw hole being taken up some fuse with couple wires. It's hard to miss as it is adjacent to the big hole that the fiter goes into. Screw that down and loosely to the intake.
7. Assemble filter and connect to the tube thru the hole.
8. using hex screws provided in kit..attach maf to the intake.
9 Make sure everything is good, reattaching rim and lower car.
10 Re-connect ecu and go for a drive..but be sure to let car idle for about 5 minutes to it can learn the fuel trim faster.

enjoy.

Last edited:
thanks!

do you think i should wait till the spring to install? i lives in Montral and I’ve heard of people suck water/snow and fudge up their engine???

Go to How To on the left.

Click "Install Injen CAI" .. this is for a v6, but its close to the same.

Just remember, there are 3 bolts holding the resonator box in, not 1 like the website says.

The Fujita intake should come with instructions. Mine did.

Anyway, I put my CAI on in about 45 mintes the first time (Finding the bolts on the resonator is a b****). Now I can do it in 5. It is that easy once you do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks!

do you think i should wait till the spring to install? i lives in Montral and Ive heard of people suck water/snow and fudge up their engine???

I take mine off regularly for visits to dealer.

I haven't bothered to put it back on..it's too cold..def wait for spring.
And remember to cover up those holes in the wheel wells to prevent misting of the intake..

I take mine off regularly for visits to dealer.

I haven't bothered to put it back on..it's too cold..def wait for spring.
And remember to cover up those holes in the wheel wells to prevent misting of the intake..

you take it off when bringing it in to dealer, why? can i get screwed for having it?

and whats misting the intake mean?

I would think the colder it is outside the better no?

sorry for all the Q's

i just wanna check all my basses before installing it....

thanks again!

you take it off when bringing it in to dealer, why? can i get screwed for having it?

and what’s misting the intake mean?

I would think the colder it is outside the better no?

sorry for all the Q's

i just wanna check all my basses before installing it....

thanks again!

Dealers are ass's..and the dealers around me do not like mods! Especially non mazdaspeed mods. One tech told me on the down low..that mazda told them to void warranties on anyone modifying w/ out mazdaspeed product.

when the car went in w/ the boost gauge.they told me the district rep..saw the gauge and was asking a ton of questions..etc..

Yes you can get screwed for having intake..I don't have the $$$$ for a lawyer..so i no longer take chances.

Misting means..there are slits in front on driver side wheel well..check it out..when u are driving in the rain..water is misting..into those slits..and onto you CAI filter..misting..not big deal..but i have experienced issue when driving through really bad downpours.

So i used some ductape on it..and covered all those holes. I never have that problem anymore.

The install is well worth it for the sound...the couple extra hps are a bonus!!!

-C

CAI will not immediatly void a warranty, but, if you ever have any problems with your MAF sensor, or with a blown engine, a dealer will looko to blame your CAI. Your MAF sensor will no longer be covered under warranty if you removed it from its original housing.

You dont have to take out your CAI for dealer visits, but incase bad things happen, it will help. I went and saw my service manager to get his opinion of mods before I started. Feel him out. If he is a dick, then take it off at all costs. If your car ever starts to run bad, put the stock on in before you go to the dealer.

Water misting is what happens when water is sprayed onto the air filter because the wheel is wet and sloshing around puddles. There is an air vent infront of the front wheel, and right infront of that is where the air filter sits. Cover up that vent to prevent water for spraying.

As far as driving in the rain, just be careful. DO NOT drive through any puddles that are deeper than the wheel hub. Its not fun to hydrolock. I did it once in a Honda, and then almost again in the MS6.

These cars HATE cold weather for some reason. My car was running like crap with the CAI installed when the temp dropped below 25 degrees Fahrenheit. I put my stock one back on, and it runs great. The CAI will help in the summer months though, so install it in the spring time for optimal results.

Make sure to keep track of all the stock pieces so you can put it all back together when you need to.

when the car went in w/ the boost gauge.they told me the district rep..saw the gauge and was asking a ton of questions..etc..

Wow. That sucks. When I went in with my boost gauge, the service manager asked where he could get the Lotek gauge pod. He really liked it.

Wow. That sucks. When I went in with my boost gauge, the service manager asked where he could get the Lotek gauge pod. He really liked it.

Yeah..the tech guy told me to basically watch my a$$ with this car..keep it stock if you want your warranty..blah blah blah..so..I just cover my a$$ by keeping stock when goes infor dealer visits..mind you i don't get my oil change done a the dealer. Also, its very rare when i am going to the dealer..

-C

Besides having warranty pieces fixed what point is it to even go to my dealer n e more? it costs more for oil change.... correct me if im wrong

Besides having warranty pieces fixed what point is it to even go to my dealer n e more? it costs more for oil change.... correct me if im wrong

Costs more for everything. I needed some studs for the exhaust on my MSP and they wanted $14.50 a piece (boom03)

The only thing I have found dealer prices reasonable on, at least at my dealer, is body work.

Well i just installed my Mazdaspeed CAI tonight... I decided to go with the Mazdaspeed one because it keeps your warranty and since my brother works at a dealership i got it for $250. The MS6 is a completely different car with a CAI. You can hear the turbo spool like crazy and the stock BOV is pretty damn loud. At first i thought maybe i had a big opening in the intake somewhere because it was so loud. I think a CAI is the best mod for the MS6

I'll be re-installing the CAI in spring..Hopefully i will have a digital camera by then.

This install was seriously easy..and most newbs can get it done. Just make sure there is plenty of light and plenty of time to tackle that lower intake snorkel/box in the wheel well.
After you do the install..you will not want to put that snorkel/box back on..

I kind of miss the sound of the BOV w/ the stock setup back on.

-C

Back