Fuel Pump Help!

jvskater51789

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
In the middle of putting in the Walbro and i cant get the damn screws out of the top of the cover to get into the tank, i dont wanna strip em but theyre not comin out. what should i do?

Did you get them?

BE CAREFUL they're brass and will strip SOOOOOO easy if you aren't careful.

replase them with a high grade non rustable, preferably coated, screws... thats what I did in the fuel cell of the '55 and well it's been about 5 years of 115 octane with no problem.

my bad your trying to get it out lol...

go to ace and pick up a set of stripped screw removers.

Yeah, I used stripped screw removers... Irwin brand I think. I was able to get them out no problem, unlike the tee fitting that I snapped off in my block :)

thanx for the help. anyone kno the size of the screws off hand so i can just pick em up tomorrow and have them ready to replace when i get the others out

Yeah, I used stripped screw removers... Irwin brand I think. I was able to get them out no problem, unlike the tee fitting that I snapped off in my block :)

Hahahaha ya I forgot about that. It is VERY important to relocate that s***! People don't understand how fragile that brass really is!

thanx for the help. anyone kno the size of the screws off hand so i can just pick em up tomorrow and have them ready to replace when i get the others out

take a screw with you, lol I ont remember the size off hand...

Back