FUEL PRESSURE @ 12psi

Why? do you think it's low? 60 psi is where the OE pump becomes inadequate. If I was running that amount of boost a change would be made. But a T25 250 cfm turbo at 15 psi is stretching it aswell. T3/T4 .50 trim? Here I come.

Last edited:
It was said before, but I still don't think people understand-

MSP: Increases fuel by increasing injector "open time" (translated)
Non-MSP Turbo Kit: Usually increases fuel by increasing fuel pressure.

There is no reason for the msp to have over 60 psi of fuel regardless of the boost, unless you are purposely running an FMU and high horsepower that the stock ecu cant handle.

MSPDAVE125 said:
Why? do you think it's low? 60 psi is where the OE pump becomes inadequate. If I was running that amount of boost a change would be made. But a T25 250 cfm turbo at 15 psi is stretching it aswell. T3/T4 .50 trim? Here I come.
Great discussion guys! The reason I started this thread is 'cause I'm running a spool stage 2 kit (FMIC, T-3 Garrett, 2.5" turbo-back exhaust) and controlling it with an unflashed MSP ECU (used to have in an FMU with a 12:1 disc). This info has been instrumental in helping me tune my car. My T-3 should be flowing around 340cfm. I'm planning to re-install my Vortech FMU with a 2:1 disc/spring to give me a little added fuel. This, along with the longer injector pulse (provided by the new ECU), this set-up should give me all the fuel I need. If my stock pump proves inadaquate, I've got a Walbro waiting in the wings. Soo far, I've made a few partial throttle pulls up to 12psi (and one OOPS to 16psi!lol) and things seem to be runnig well.

mica i think youre best with the BEGI FMU. those vortechs are s*** and mine crapped out causing me a SHITLOAD of problems. i can prolly get you a good deal on a BEGI unit through mental addiction motorsports if youre interested. theyre more expensive than a vortech, but they are billet and almost indestructable, and the best thing you can get short of true engine management.

Matthew said:
mica i think youre best with the BEGI FMU. those vortechs are s*** and mine crapped out causing me a SHITLOAD of problems. i can prolly get you a good deal on a BEGI unit through mental addiction motorsports if youre interested. theyre more expensive than a vortech, but they are billet and almost indestructable, and the best thing you can get short of true engine management.
I thank you for the generous offer Matthew, but I believe the Vortech unit will fullfil my needs. I'm only looking for a marginal increase in fuel pressure (2:1) as more of a safety precaution than anything. I know my FMU works well as I used it before I installed the MSP ECU at a 12:1 ratio.(drive)

Mica: What size injectors are you running? Hi/ Lo Impedence? I really think you can totally do without your Vortech FPR. You should at least try it. My concern is that you have 2 tools doing the same job.

My question for you is what are you using as an FCD? If you are running an MSP ECU you'll have a Fuel cut.

MSPDAVE125 said:
Mica: What size injectors are you running? Hi/ Lo Impedence? I really think you can totally do without your Vortech FPR. You should at least try it. My concern is that you have 2 tools doing the same job.

My question for you is what are you using as an FCD? If you are running an MSP ECU you'll have a Fuel cut.
MSPDAVE125, I was hoping that you were still watching this thread. You seem to really know your stuff.(yippy) I'm still running the stock injectors. The reason that I'm considering re-installing my FMU (and keeping my MSP ECU) is 'cause I just don't think I'm getting enough fuel (A/F reads super lean @ WOT). As far as fuel cut............I din't have any. I'm using a voltage clamp to prevent it.

I would like to discuss this further. Any chance of getting you on the phone?
I'll PM you with my number.

Back