fuel injector question

gjcv1408

:
cx-9 awd
hi,

i have 2009 cx-9 awd touring. it has 95000 miles on it. last week , i put gas the night before , the next day my suv started running rough and throwing misfire codes when i start it cold . i have put gas/ carb cleaner on the gas tank. the code was p0305 and p0205, p0174. after 15-30 min running it , the engine runs smooth even when the engine light is on. i went ahead and switch the #5 and #6 ( front coils closes to the driver side) ignition coils thinking it was the coils. it still throws p0305.. that ruled out the #5 coil. i pulled out the 3 front spark plugs and the gap were almost .70. regap them back to .55. the code p0305 is gone. its still showing the p0205 which i googled as the injector. i was thinking of replacing all the plugs so should i just go ahed and replace the #5( middle front ) injector? any help will be appreciated..

Last edited:
just did a resistance test on the injectors. the middle front didnt give me a reading.. the other 2 gave me a .13 reading. so ill takle the injector tomorrow. can i relieve the pressure by running the car and pulling the fuel relay fuse out and let the car die?

Last edited:
Back