FSDE Head Removal

My brother in law's 97 626 just went dead and there junking it.....now it has the same engine as our protege's just a dizzy......I have removed everything I could possibly find that holds the head down.....and this sun of a gun still wont budge....Is there something Im over looking...I also thought I read that it can be removed without taking off the cams?????? I had until tonight to get this done..I started 2 hrs ago and the car is completely stripped but the head is what I really wanted......I have until tomm afternoon to get the head off....any suggestions???

Jeremy

you need to take the cams out to get to the bolts holding the head down. there are 8 from memory. they are a 10mm hex bolt from memory again

sorry jeremy, your going to have to take the cams out to even reach the bolts for the head. Look on the brightside, at least it's not snowing outside.

I can def... feel the change of weather...I just figured that it's something to experiment with....and I had until today...but I might be able to get it out before they come to tow the car.......Corwin thanx for the reading...I saved it.....good info there...

Jeremy

^He beat me to it.

Also, make sure you take the bracket off that connects from the bottom of the intake mani to the block.

Kooldino said:
^He beat me to it.

Also, make sure you take the bracket off that connects from the bottom of the intake mani to the block.

I got the intake mani off first...then was like what the heck...where did you guys get the hex tool to get the head off????

Jeremy

Back