FS: World Challenge Protege Project

MP3racer

Authorized Vendor
For Sale: 2002 Mazda Protege World Challenge Car.

Car was being built for the 2003 season but not completed. Currently has high dollar cage, rear/side lexan windows, partial wiring, rear WC spec spoiler, camber plates. $2000 OBO

Can complete car to your specs if needed. Low time World Challenge short block available along with many other parts to complete this car. Would make excellent low cost track day car or race car for various series!

blackprotege%20001.jpg

blackprotege%20005.jpg

blackprotege%20006.jpg

blackprotege%20012.jpg

interested in selling me the bumper if it is the msp one i am looking for one and willing to buy it from you

God damn, that cage alone is worth $2000. Hell of a deal for someone in the market. Unfortunately, I'm not.

Man, that'd be a really cool project! I wish I had a barn I could fill with cars, haha.

!$!@)&*!@$%)*&!%)*&!*%#)*&#%!)*&)*&!#%)*&)*&!#%)*&!#%

price to ship to Australia??? :p just kidding... i'd love to buy it though...cage like that, get it teched to drag race, car already looks like it weighs nothing...one could build a 9 second car outta that i reckon ;) unfortunatly not practical :(

Good luck with the sale though...

Part it out, dibs on lexan and cage =P
We'd love to part it out but the type of custom cage it is required it to fabricated inside the car and welded permanently to the floor of the car. We would have to cut it up and render it useless to take it out....

Make a reasonable offer on the car and the whole thing may be yours!

man i wish i had the cash, unfortunately ive got alot more cash than that wrapped up in a short block chevy i built and cant get rid of the damned thing!!!!bump for a good deal.

the car would obviously have to be trailered.... how much wiring is done? also, what would you say would need to be done to make it a running car? just so i can get some ideas here.

the car would obviously have to be trailered.... how much wiring is done? also, what would you say would need to be done to make it a running car? just so i can get some ideas here.

Very little of the wiring has been done. To make it easier you could probably use a stock wiring harness from a salvage car. The suspension would need finishing, and the rest of the drivetrain work. Also, the car being a race car does not have the capability to be street registered.

ahh, i was wondering that as well. im sure i could piece together a harness. so it was a 5 speed? also, how much more of the suspension needs work?

ahh, i was wondering that as well. im sure i could piece together a harness. so it was a 5 speed? also, how much more of the suspension needs work?

Basically, this is just a tub. The suspension that is there is just to get it rolling. It does have OE front and rear control arms. The suspension is very basic at this point. There is no ECU. No engine or tranny is with the car. I have more pics of you are interested.....

Would love to race a mazda here in Barbados. Would you like to sponsor me the car? I wish i had the cash, unfortunately my wife just had a baby. Did i mention i would love to race a mazda here in barbados?

Damn, and I could basically go over to his house and pick it up. Too bad I don't have the money or the commitment for that kind of project, and it's a little too intense for an autocross car.

Back