FS: Rota wheels with Falken tires - SE Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacarl

SOLD

Here we have a set of Rota P1 wheels in Hyperblack which are 18x8 +48mm, with a 67.1mm hub. They weigh 19lbs each. I bought these from WheelDude and his machine shop opened up the hubs for Mazda fitment.

Tires are Falken FK452, 235/40R18. Never had any issues with rubbing on my stock suspension.

I had these installed on the car for about four months of last summer (2008). They have less than 4000 miles on them, including 2-3 autocrosses. The tires are still in great shape with minimal wear. I completely forgot to take pics of the tread, but I'll try to add some soon. They're currently in my parents' garage so it will take a few days to get more pics.

Three of the wheels are flawless and in brand new condition. The fourth wheel has 8-10" of rash from a carwash track, but it's on a very narrow part of the wheel lip and the hyperblack masks the damage. You can see it in the closeup I took but it's barely visible in the pic of that one wheel (it's the second individual wheel pictured).

I ran stock wheels/tires all this season to compete in stock autocross class, and these have just sat around in the basement. I've thought about using them for something, but to be honest I didn't care for the tires, and the wheels bump me out of stock class so I'm not likely to use them either. I'll lose a bunch of money by selling these, but they're not doing any good sitting around so please take them off my hands.

The wheels + machining cost $500, and the tires cost about $400. I'd like to get $600 obo for everything, including chrome tuner lugs and TPMS. Local pick-up makes more sense for big heavy stuff like this, but I'll be happy to package them up and take them to UPS if anyone wants to pay for the shipping.

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Rashed wheel:
IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Last edited:
No idea on shipping. Wheels alone are close to $100 shipping. These are even bigger and twice the weight of a single wheel. They'd fit in a 26"x26"x12" box which would then weigh about 40 lbs. So whatever it costs to ship four of those from 48170.

Do you have any pics of them on the car? A 48 mm offset seems a little inboard to me for an 8" wheel.

Nope, the 8" width grows the wheel 1/2" inboard and outboard from the centerline; the 48mm offset effectively moves the centerline outboard by 4.5mm. Between the offset change and width change, the rim is about 0.6" farther outboard than stock.

Pics:
DSCN1654.jpg

DSCN1653.jpg

DSCN1655.jpg

I'll get a ballpark on shipping this afternoon for everyone's zips.

And I'll be back by my folks' place either tomorrow or Friday evening so I'll snap some tread pics then.

I wouldn't know. Do MSP's have 5x114.3 bolt pattern, accept an 18x8" wheel with a +48mm offset, and have <=67mm hubs? If so, then yes.

By the way, I forgot to mention this in the description, but these do have TPMS sensors in them. Not sure if anyone might have noticed that by the valve stems already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back