FS: Protege5 custom fiberglass space saving subwoofer

I built this subwoofer enclosure way back in 2007 when I bought the car. You can read the build thread here, but all the pictures are gone now.

This subwoofer enclosure is made of fiberglass and tucks into the recess in the cargo area on the drivers side. The cargo light is removed, and this is secured to the panel through that hole where the light goes. It houses an Elemental Designs E8A flat cone subwoofer (dual 4 ohm voice coils, wired in parallel). These are beefy little subs that you very rarely see any more. There are some small scuffs on the carbon face of the subwoofer, but it's still functionally great. There is a flush, removable grill included. Quick wiring terminals on the bottom; just plug in and go. Looks good as is, would look perfect with new carpet. This is NOT a rattle the car, wake the neighbors setup . . . it's a nice boost to the low end, and sounds pretty great. I'll miss it, but I'm selling the car.

I'm asking $125 plus shipping. This was designed to work with the "raised" floor in 2003's. If you have a 2002, I can include those panels for an additional $25.

IMG_20140413_185426_035.jpg

IMG_20140413_185434_996.jpg

IMG_20140413_185648_460.jpg

IMG_20140413_185618_505.jpg

Looks like a pretty good job in the execution, and for the time, effort, and materials involved here, I would say that is a great price. I offer you a free bump!

Back up to the top. Car is sold and gone now, so this is just taking up space. I still have the raised floor panels as well. $100 shipped takes the whole shebang.

How much rattle did this setup create? I assume it would be a good idea to install some dynamat on the drive side?
I'm looking for a small upgrade from the spare tire sub, but it needs to be out of the way as this one is since I use my car to transport stuff for work.

I didn't really create any rattle. I did put something similar to dynamat on the back of the drivers side rear plastic panel before installing it.

Back