FS: New "Function Tested" CDI internals

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddeerspeed3

Banned
:
2008 True Red MazdaSpeed3
New CDI internals, i ran them in my car for a week to test them. Installed with motor oil not gas and they worked perfectly. $180 shipped
How-to Video

CDICDFP.png

IMG_0972.jpg

Last edited:
somebody make me an offer. KMD's are $250 new, PT-P's are $300. i tested these internals for a week and they work just as well as my KMD's, and i dont need them laying around

u will never sell them, cdi went out of buisness cause all there internals started failing. i had cdi, there were fine for like 3000 miles then bammmm completly shot. same as alot of people. dont sell ur mistake to somone else. eat it like we all did

and since people stopped using gas to 'lubricate' their pumps during install, the CDI's stopped failing. several people on a different forum have been running CDI's for over 5000 miles no problems.

u will never sell them, cdi went out of buisness cause all there internals started failing. i had cdi, there were fine for like 3000 miles then bammmm completly shot. same as alot of people. dont sell ur mistake to somone else. eat it like we all did

PPL are still having issues with the CDI FP kit? I had purchased the kit on March of this year.. I have not installed it yet.. But I was planning to do so this weekend. Whats up with the kit????? Let me know before I do the install. Txs..

i bought a set of the cdi's and they work fine. until you decide to go WOT and do some heavy shifting. they cant keep up with my tune. im going to buy some kmd's asap when i buy my bc coilovers because the cdi's are a no go.

i bought a set of the cdi's and they work fine. until you decide to go WOT and do some heavy shifting. they cant keep up with my tune. im going to buy some kmd's asap when i buy my bc coilovers because the cdi's are a no go.

Go with PTP's. I went from first gen KMD's (bought for PG in August of last year) to the PTP internals and my pressures are higher and more consistent everywhere. Nothing wrong with my KMD internals either (they came out looking almost new.)

thanks for the good info. these cdi's ran fine on my car w/ SRI/TBE/BPV/Stock ECU/MBC@16psi. so these are fine for anyone who wants ~300whp, if you plan to go further get some kmd or ptp internals

the cdi fail because of the weak retainer that holds the spring on. No matter what u wanna believe it will fail eventually. the retainer is so weak it bends and warps and can cause major failure in the future. Its not a joke. I cant let u sell these to some uninformed person. thats mean

and according to ptp, so will the retainer on kmd's... i would not suggest using the 'high pressure' spring with these, as it definatly causes retainer failure. but thats the buyers choice.

and according to ptp, so will the retainer on kmd's... i would not suggest using the 'high pressure' spring with these, as it definatly causes retainer failure. but thats the buyers choice.

So, you suggest too not use the high pressure spring for the KMD's and CDI's FP internal kit?

yes. the high rev spring over time puts to much stress on the seat the spring pushes up against and many people have bent the crap out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back