FS: CX-9 OEM Roof Rails...

Status
Not open for further replies.

replayreb

Hi,

We just bought a CX-9 yesterday and my wife didn't want the roof rails so I took them off. They are $130 shipped. I have to allow $30 shipping since they would be an oversized item. These are for the rails only; I do not have the cross beams. I accept PayPal only. Thanks. SOLD

roof_rails.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I just felt the car looked sleeker/sportier without it. I was ready to order the 6 covers/clips but surprisingly the dealer still had them and gave them to us.

08mazda_cx9_cjt-01_opt.jpg

berndt_cx-9.jpg

Yeah, the white looks good. I haven't seen one in white around anywhere here. I think it looks fine w/ and w/out the racks, more of a personal preference thing. I just need the racks so I can take it camping...

I've got two kids and not enough room. I have to put gear on top in a Yakima basket and I have a tow basket behind and I still didn't have enough room to haul everything in my Montero. I'm thinking I might still have issues even with the roof rack and basket in the CX-9, but don't know yet.

Geez! What do you take for gear when you camp?

Here's a couple shots from out last camping trip last month...

Attachments

• P3090018.jpg
    P3090018.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 170
  • P3090021.jpg
    P3090021.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Everything, including a sink. It's ridiculous, but my wife and kids need all the comforts of home. We have these huge totes that have all of our kitchen stuff in them so they take up a lot of space and then there's the monster 100 quart cooler and the tent and shade tent and clothes for us and the girls and then toys for the girls. It's a neverending list. I think I should just go buy a trailer to haul it all, but haven't gotten there yet.

We took some chairs and wood and water this time, but normally we take everything we need in two backpacks.

Gotta teach the family WHY you camp. What's next, a 42" plasma?

(shrug)

Last edited:
Lol, yeah I remember the days camping with my parents where all we brought was a tent, a couple of pans and food. Now they're rolling around in a 32 ft fifth wheel with all the comforts of home. It would be nice to go back to basics a little bit, but there always seems to be something else she wants to bring.

You just need to find alternatives. here is OUR kitchen sink and water jug...

Attachments

• sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Jug.jpg
    Jug.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 123
I think without the rails it looks more sporty than a Porsche Cayenne...I'm not much of a salesman am I? lol

08mazda_cx9_cjt-01_opt.jpg

800px-Porsche_Cayenne-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and collapsible. Ours is a table w/ double sinks about 2 ft x 6 ft with a metal grate for you to extend out and put the stove on. It looks something like this:

236043_8003_41

Think I am gonna take my rails off and put a double stacker spoiler on the rear :p But seriously, I dig the no rail look.

... I dig the no rail look.

totally. I'm not used to rails so I'm not afflicted with the 'looks naked without' perspective. I got mine from Mazdaparts.org and just picked up the T25 bit, but have put off installing them. eventually I'll cave in though, for functionality reasons. but - personal preference here - I do think they look sportier without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back