FS 2009 Mazda5 factory remote starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked w/ an online mazda parts place; it specifies no on manuals. there would need to be a way to bypass the neutral safety switch (the switch on the clutch pedal that knows when the clutch is depressed).
thanks anyway.

From what i know that switch is like brake switch you can easily defeat this
I used to remove them from my other cars hated it.

do you have the hood saftey switch? what about the immobilizer interface harness and module?

attached is the parts list from the installation instructions. can you list out what you have? (i dont care about the screws and zip-ties)

I used to work for an audio shop we installed remote starts we never used the hood safety switch. they just caused issues. just my .02

Never used it? Really!? It is a safety measure so if the owner were to be working inside of the engine bay and some how accidentally presses the button on the remote to start the vehicle by leaning on to it in his or her pocket(which happens to some of us with the panic button) It could, depending what part of the motor they were to be working on at the time, could have a terrible out come. I Professionally did Custom Car stereo & Alarms for 14 plus years. I say better safe then sorry. If it came down to it where a Customer did have such an accident, the stereo shop you were working at is very much liable for the accident...just my 10 fingers..

I used to work for an audio shop we installed remote starts we never used the hood safety switch. they just caused issues. just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back