FS: 06 MS6 GT aka Dadasracecar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas,
First let me say a big THANK YOU to all of you for help and education since I've been a member here. This was my first experience modding and tuning and I've learned a great deal and am grateful to be and have been a member of this community.

As much as it pains me, I am selling my 06 MS6 GT, aka dadasracecar. I would like to keep it just the way it is as I have spent so much time caring and nurturing her. Asking price is $20K.

Before you think I'm just jumping ship, let me explain that this was a business decision. I am an owner of P3 Performance, LLC and we are an seller, installer, and tuner of aftermarket parts for cars. Our main supplier is cp-e and they make parts for Mazdas and BMWs. The other four owners of P3 all have MS6s and none of us have ever turned a wrench on a BMW. We recognized this as a deficiency and a lack of market knowledge. I am in the best position financially (which ain't sayin' much) to pull this off and so I bought a 335i. I ask to still be a member of this community as I will be tuning these cars for some time to come and will be working with and learning from all of you.

The car has ~42,500 miles, a sunroof, and no navigation. The motor let go at ~33,000 miles and was replaced by Mazda under warranty. It came with a new factory clutch. The rod in cylinder two broke so add one more to the weak batch of rods theory. The transfer case was replaced at ~40,000 miles. All oil changes have been done with Pennzoil Platinum 10w-30 at 5K intervals. I have all documentation to support this. Since the motor was replaced, the car has never been tracked. The tires have about 15K miles on them and should last at the very least that much longer.

Now the goods:

Mod list:
cp-e: Motor Mount
cp-e: Standback wired in with map light and switch. The map light is located in the vent pod for the boost gauge
cp-e: XCel Cold Air Intake
cp-e: ∆Core Front Mount Intercooler
cp-e: catted Downpipe
cp-e: single Cat Back Exhaust
cp-e: HPFpump
cp-e: FullControl Flash
HKS SSQV blow off valve
DNP exhaust manifold

custom 3" turbo inlet with recirc fitting and vacuum source nipple for wastegate solenoid
Red Powdercoated valve cover - by Bonehead Performance
Red Powdercoated intake manifold with VTCS delete and light porting - by Bonehead Performance
TWM Stage 1 Short Shifter w/ bushings
TWM weighted shift knob
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace painted black
RPM K-Spec Springs
Koni Yellow Adjustable shocks
Turbine Tech forward rear diff mount
cp-e: upper rear diff mount - continues to be the only one in existence
Battery relocation with distribution block, 4 gauge wire, inline fuse, and frame mounted battery box with tie down
Optima Red Top battery
Dashhawk
Saikou Michi Catch can with addtional pcv valve to prevent crankcase pressurization under boost. CC emptied at every fuel fill up.
Stubby antenna
50% metallic tint on doors and rear windows.
Exhaust tips painted with high temp flat black paint.

Pix:
CIMG00332.jpg

CIMG00332.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0001.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

CIMG0017.jpg

CIMG0006.jpg

CIMG0007.jpg

CIMG0008.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

CIMG0004.jpg

CIMG0009.jpg

CIMG0010.jpg

CIMG0011.jpg

CIMG0012.jpg

CIMG0013.jpg

CIMG0014.jpg

CIMG0015.jpg

CIMG0016.jpg

CIMG0018.jpg

CIMG0019.jpg

CIMG0020.jpg

CIMG0021.jpg

CIMG0022.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

CIMG0024.jpg

CIMG0025.jpg

CIMG0026.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

CIMG0028.jpg

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0031.jpg

CIMG0032.jpg

CIMG0033.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say that car is an absolute beauty and whoever gets their hands on it is one lucky guy or girl. I would just say that you should post up a pic with the proper signage so the mods don't go crazy but good job taking so many pics. As far as I'm concernced you're always welcome to this community whether you have a mazda or not. Good luck with the sale bud and keep us up to date on your progress.

One was always black b/c of the soot. I have the single exhaust and thought it looked better with both black rather than just one.

This car is a complete sleeper, from the outside it looks just like an unmolested speed 6, but look under the skin and WOW!!!...good luck on the sale and whomever gets a hold of this car will forever love it...

ok so who wants to buy MY 06 MS6 with only 29,000 miles ?,,,,,, so I can but HIS... with all the mods ! 20 K That is a very good deal actually

Any takers at $19,000? It'll include a free dyno tune to the purchaser's specs for AFR and boost on the new P3 Performance dyno.

Jesus, that is a DAMN good price. If only it were a VRM, I might consider it. But, I could never sell my baby.

Congrats on the 335i though. That is my dream car (short of a full M3). Seems like most MS6 owners are upgrading to this car. Seems like once you go turbo, you dont go back.

ok so who wants to buy MY 06 MS6 with only 29,000 miles ?,,,,,, so I can but HIS... with all the mods ! 20 K That is a very good deal actually

What he said, cept mine only has 20k miles...... Dada, if only this had happened 2 years ago, I woulda been all over it.

how reasonable is it to think that this would be capable of being a reliable daily driver with all the mod's it has?

Until I got my new car, I drove it every day to and from work ~65 miles round trip. The car is tuned perfectly and can be driven more reliably than a stock version of the same car because the mods actually improve the efficiency of the motor, e.g. the cold air intake, turbo inlet pipe, and front mount intercooler reduce boosted air temps and reduce knock. The exhaust mods move heat away from the engine more efficiently than the stock pieces as well. The drivetrain has been strengthened with superior mounts for the rear differential and rear motor mount. Finally, I have tuned the car for reliability and power. I have the AFR tuned to 12:1, and have pulled timing in the areas where these cars typically show knock. I have the boost set at 17 psi which is just 1.4 psi over stock and I have the boost control settings dialed to eliminate boost spikes altogether. All of these tuning parameters could be changed to your preference.

The motor, turbo, and clutch were all replaced (Mazda shipped a motor in crate that included the turbo and clutch) and only have 9K miles on them. The transfer case has less than 2K miles on it.

I was typically getting 23.5 mpg with some spirited driving on average.

This car needs no more maintenance than any other car. I don't like to always be fixing something so, when I mod, I pick and choose with an eye toward reliability. Every mod I have done is an improvement over stock both in performance and overall reliability. That said, if you do need work on the vehicle at some point, you'll know where to find people that have a lot of experience, not just with that model, but with that specific car in P3 Performance and cp-e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back