Front swaybar endlink tab location.

bpt323

FE3-323
:
Madison, WI
:
Mazda 5, 323
since i spent 2.5hr searching threads-
Im curious if this has crossed the mind of anyone else....

99-00 = shorter endlink (lower tab mount- pushed further from strut body)
01+/p5/mp3 = longer endlink(higher endlink tab mount)

basically is there any benefit to having the tab raised- perhaps something mazda noticed & revised for "good reasoning"

i had been running these homemade endlinks with great results:
attachment.php

(**not pictured the lower bracket to bolt it to the swaybar**)

but since i've been building my own custom bilstein coilovers its come to more attention & debate on:

which might be better positioning higher vs lower
and also noting- the lower OEM design pushes the endlink slightly further outwards from the strut body itself.

because of my current design where the strut will mount- i'll be stuck with a significantly shorter endlink but with creative welding i can raise the location somewhat.

attachment.php

attachment.php

open to thoughts & further insight.

The longer endlink allows for less movement of the endlink and swaybar due to steering input. With very short endlinks on the front struts you run into potential binding issues at high steering angles. That is probably why the shorter factory endlink is positioned farther away from the strut.

You may be able to eliminate some of the lower portion of the threaded section. Depending on what your spring rates are going to be and what suspension travel you need, you may be able to run a short spring and not use the lower half of the threaded section. That would give you more room to move the endlink attachment higher. I've got the race car setup on 6" springs, but I only use about 1" of travel with my spring rates.

Back