Front end brake pads

ukrkoz

OK, I just found 2 things the hard way:

1. aftermarket front end brake pads do not fit MS3 front rotors. They do, but because of the incorrect clips shape, there's no way to put antirattle spring back in. As it requires little clip window in brake pad clip, making brake pads left and right ones, or, outside and inside ones.
2. dealership charges $250 for set for the front end. Correct ones, with the clip window. I have just recovered from the sticker shock, but considering that there's maybe week pad material left on my son's MS3 pads, I bit the bullet and ordered them.

So, my question is - anyone actually knows of a online supplier that has CORRECT pads for HUMANE price? Or, there is a trick to that antirattle spring? Or, those clips are completely unnecessary, along with antirattle spring and everyone simply drives on flush back pads?

2 years ago, I bought, and drove for a year, 91 Civic for $250. Ridiculous is not the right word.

Aftermarket front end brake pads do not fit MS3 front rotors. They do, but because of the incorrect clips shape, there's no way to put antirattle spring back in. As it requires little clip window in brake pad clip, making brake pads left and right ones, or, outside and inside ones.

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to say... but I had no issues with my EBC pads when I installed them, brakes apart and back together in about 20 mins a side? I actually getting ready to swap em out with again with some Hawks. Never had any issues with rattling or noise

yeah i put stoptech pads and rotors on my car with no issues of fitment at all. and i seem to remember the pads were around $90 for the front. shoot i think i pads a little over $300 for pads and rotors for the front.

Yes, I am aware of those brake pads. What they originally sold me from O'Reilly's was lacking window in brake pad clip for antirattle spring. If yours had them - amen to you. Without that window, there is no way to reinstall antirattle spring back properly.

Buddy of mine at O'Rilley's did better job and found the absolutely OEM ones:
2012-06-27105313.jpg

2012-06-27105211.jpg

See that little window in clip? That's where antirattle spring fits into. That's what makes all the difference

So, end of the story is like this:

OEM pads O'Reilly's $118 plus tax

EXACTLY SAME pads at Mazda dealership $250.56 plus tax. I cancelled order today, after I compared the pads - and m-ers charged me $50 "restocking fee" and got all badly offended. Guy at O'Reilley's has online access to business markups and showed me that Mazda dealership charges $178 markup on those pads.

I remembered back from time, that Mazda has ridiculous parts pricing. I just had this confirmed. From now on - will never set my foot in one.
2012-06-27105233.jpg

Work as good as or better than OEM and minamal dusting, free shipping:Took 30 minutes to install!
SU
Hawk HPS Front Brake Pads: Mazdaspeed 3 & Mazdaspeed 6
List Price: $99.55
Our Price: $79.64

I guess, my loss. I am tired of hunting more and more pads, I'll be content with what I have on hand. Will keep in mind though. I haven't even looked at the rear ones yet.

Hmmm...

Key Features:

Extremely High Friction Output
Fade Resistant
Worthy for Autocross & Club Racing Events

Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected. The HP Plus pads are not recommended for a daily driven Mazda due to noise.

Warning! Due to the dramatic friction levels produced by this product to achieve "race-level" braking, rotor wear, noise, dust, and pad life may be affected. The HP Plus pads are not recommended for a daily driven Mazda due to noise.

Thats HP Plus, Autocross and Track Compound, You want the HPS, High Preformance STREET

Back